Girls' shoes

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

zorro

Post by zorro »

Overpeck, I just looked at these shoes - they are lovely!
May well get them for my DD. My DD is 15 and still only takes a 5 so your DD will probably be very tall if she takes a 5 1/2 @10.
Mind you my DS takes a 7 and he's only 12 !
Igglepiggle

Post by Igglepiggle »

Yes, they're great, Overpeck - you should get commission from St-----ite. Don't know why C---- can't make something a bit more like that.
cinnamon

Post by cinnamon »

Reading this thread makes me think I've made a major mistake in telling my younger daughter that, unlike her big sister's school, the one she'll be going to doesn't have a list of approved shoes which you have to choose from. Not that the list was much help first time round - an only-just 11-year-old girl with narrow size 7 feet, she struggled to find any which fit. Luckily she's happy with clompy lace-ups.

Daughter 2, however, is another ballet pumps fan. Last September we bought a Cl***s women's pair for her, thinking they'd be good quality, but they were worn through on the sole by half-term! The replacements (M*S) were not only much cheaper, they've lasted until now and will (just) last the final couple of weeks of term.

Overpeck, thanks for mentioning Miss Rhino - I'm quite taken with 'Veronica', fingers crossed that they meet daughter 2's aproval.
T-4-2

Post by T-4-2 »

I must say that my daughter preferred Veronica to Beatrice. In fact, she said (of Beatrice) 'there's no way I'm wearing shoes with blue hearts on them! Babyish!!!' She's 11 going on 31 :(
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

cinnamon wrote: Last September we bought a Cl***s women's pair for her, thinking they'd be good quality, but they were worn through on the sole by half-term!
Snap!!

I got DD a pair of 'women's shoes' from Cl***s and they were gone through by half term too - makes you wonder how they can charge so much doesn't it.

I have just bought dd a pair of fabulous going out shoes with an inch heel and double straps to die for. Wish I could wear them but she has sworn if I buy a pair the same she will refuse to wear hers :cry:

I shall have to buy another pair for school in September, but will leave it a while yet. Her feet haven't grown for such a long time, it will be just my luck to get them now and for her to have grown 2 sizes by then :shock:
Milla

Post by Milla »

[quote="Snowdrops
I have just bought dd a pair of fabulous going out shoes with an inch heel and double straps to die for. Wish I could wear them but she has sworn if I buy a pair the same she will refuse to wear hers :cry:
[/quote]
yes, yes, but she won't mind if *I* buy some, you've whetted my appetite now ... where from, Snowdrops??
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

solimum

Post by solimum »

My DD (15 but still in size 4-5, wide feet) likes the pumps from Dorothy Perkins - they're not too pricey so I don't mind replacing them every couple of terms, and considering she walks nearly 2 miles to school they survive quite well. Before that we had some other cheap and cheerful ones from Dolcis but that shop has now closed....
Milla

Post by Milla »

Thanks, Snowdrops, they are rather jolly and remind me of some delicious shoes I had as a child - until the dog ate one and my mother wouldn't buy another pair because, apparently, it was my fault! Like the dog was SUPPOSED to go upstairs and root around under my bed. Wouldn't happen now. :cry:
Lady.in.blue

Post by Lady.in.blue »

I'm having the exact same problem with my daugther.

I went into Clarks with her the other day and I found this loverly pair of black shoes with a 1/2 inch wide heel and a flower print pattern enbroided on the front.

When I showed then to her she pretended to be sick. :shock: :lol:

She then told me for the seventeenth time (beleive me i've been counting) that she is going to be the only one in her class who looks like a Year 2. :roll:

We went around the whole store looking for shoes but we couldn't agree on any of them.

What we have decided to do is to take her best friend along with her to Clarks so she can give her opinion on the shoes as I think my daugther is quite dramtic when it comes to clothes (and shoes) shopping. :lol:

Whether this helps I don't know but one thing I find really annoying is the fact that you can't judge what size they will be as all shops seem to change the sizes. :x

best of luck :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now