London Catholic State Secondary Schools

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ealingmum

London Catholic State Secondary Schools

Post by ealingmum »

There are a range of Catholic secondary schools in London - sinlge sex, mixed, comprehensive, Grammar and private. What are people's experience of these schools?

I suspect things are very different from my highly academic comprehensive Catholic single sex school from more years ago that I care to remember.
moose

Post by moose »

I have no personal experience, however I know many people who have children in St Michael's Grammar (North London) for girls and Finchley Catholic for boys (no exams to the last one). First one achieves brilliant results, very traditional, small , all girls seemed to be very happy. I do not think it is outstanding when it comes to extracurricular activities , though.
Finchley is OK academically, very disciplined but happy environment. Good alternative if you do not get into a Grammar school.
zorro

Post by zorro »

I second what Moose has said. I have a close friend who went to St.Michael's and whose son is in Y10 at Finchley Catholic. Her son has had a few blips and they have always got him back on track and he is now doing exceptionally well.The discipline is good and fair.
All Too Much

Post by All Too Much »

Hi ealingmum. I would think your closest Catholic school is Cardinal Wiseman in Greenford. Excellent results but extremely difficult to get into due to the high volume of children chasing places (and the results). Will depend on which side of Ealing you live re catchment, but have a look.

ATM
All Too Much