Design project for 4 year old (really for parents!)

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
One Down

Post by One Down »

Paper flowers are the easiest way for a dramatic summer hat. Circles of tissue paper (cut lots ata time by folding sheet before cutting), 2/3/4 per flower. bigger flowers cover more quickly. Then take some layers of tissue, put blob of PVA glue between each layer .and scrunch up in to flower shape. When dry, stick to old/cheap straw hat with PVA. Alternatively, stick half pipe cleaner up through tissue circles then back down and twist under tissue to secure. Then push circles up in to shape, sellotape in place then poke pipe cleaner through hat and twist to secure..

Doesn't take long, (but looks as though you've spent ages!),older Dc will prob make flowers for you and my DD1 was chosen to have her photo taken for the local paper aged 4 when I did this in lots of bright colours!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Look at this website CM:

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/hats/

The Flower Crown looks to be soooooo easy and would be soooooo pretty!!
One Down

Post by One Down »

Sorry, should have added to cover the hat completely with flowers for most dramatic effect. can also wire on with pcleaners anything else you fancy such as a fave small toy animals...
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Looking for help wrote:Commiserations CM - I like the Chinese hat , it might be quite easy to make - good luck and post us a photo of your creation :lol:
LFH
I'm afraid I won't be posting a picture .If it lasts the afternoon, I'll be surprised. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Thanks one down and snowdrops.Like the decorating with tissue flowers idea and thanks for the link.

What a wonderful site.
:D
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Hi CM

How about cup-cake hat. Use one piece of card around head as cup cake base (you could put brim on if that is definitely required.) then make simple chinese hat style top from card BUT - now here's the clever bit......twist a length of fabric around and wrap it and stick it on the coulis top so it looks liked piped cream. Then you could be really clever and make a strawberry/cherry to put on the top!!!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

suncrest wrote:Hi CM

Then you could be really clever and make a strawberry/cherry to put on the top!!!
Hmmm sounds really cute and she would look scrumptious (literally) but I fear beyond my pathetic capabilities. Could get as far as the cup cake base. :cry: :oops: :cry:
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Promise you it's very easy....or you could cheat and use vomit bowl or old straw hat as base and just wrap around the fabric 'cream'
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Hey, CM, how is hat making going??? Any news??
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

suncrest wrote:Hey, CM, how is hat making going??? Any news??
It's in the planning stage.
(which means I will do it in a panic over the weekend)

I just am so short of time at the moment.Last week there were school activities to go and watch every day of the week! (shows , district sports, induction etc) This weekend I am in Brighton for 12 hours watching DD1 somerault and dance. :roll:

End of term is madness! I am supposed to be doing some work related stuff on the computer but keep drifting back here. :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now