Have you ever said anything really daft?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Marylou

Have you ever said anything really daft?

Post by Marylou »

OK, I know kids do this kind of thing all the time, but yesterday I asked DH (in all seriousness) if Andrew Flintoff was Freddie's brother. :oops: :oops: :lol:
Marylou
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

.... good one Marylou!!!

love the cricket nicknames though!! used to see "Fiery" Fred round Skipton, and then "Blowers" (Blofeld) was chatting to "Dizzy" (Jason Gillespie) on the radio the other day.
Freya

Post by Freya »

I'm sure I say daft things all the time but all that's in my head after the cricket reference is:

"The batsman's Holding the bowler's Willy"

Remember that one?
SSM

Post by SSM »

Thanks Freya, we were talking about this the other day, but couldn't remember the exact words.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

There isn't enough space on this website to list all the daft things I've ever said (and done!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Freya wrote:I'm sure I say daft things all the time but all that's in my head after the cricket reference is:

"The batsman's Holding the bowler's Willy"

Remember that one?
Good one - Jonners denied ever saying it ... though did have the Willey, Dilley, Lillee discmissal - can't remember which way now :roll:

Best bit of cricket commentary was Jonners and Aggers giggling.... brilliant! - search a well known video channel under brian johnston giggles if you need cheeering up!
andyb

Post by andyb »

Not really a silly thing to say but raises a chuckle in our household. Watching a TV programme and the phrase - "Fire at will", well DS2 is often called Will and he doesn't take kindly to being shot at!
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

I am renowned for saying daft things!

Earlier examples are : whilst map reading for a boyfriend heading back to London from a weekend away in a Cotswolds boyfriend turned and asked if we were ok and still on te A4. I replied 'yes, and we just follow this big river all the way into London. Easy' Long silence. What big river? Thats the M4 we are parallel to you idiot!!

More recently I have asked for Chlamydia in my coffee instead of Canderelle!!!!

I could carry on all night but I'm too slow a typist....

:lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Marylou
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now