Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:13 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: LBSWM
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:43 pm
Posts: 22
What happened to my thread? !!Oh no, why did it get locked? Sorry if it is too much for everyone. It is all too much for me these last few days.I was just desperately trying to find her and hope I have not caused any trouble asking for help in that department.

Thank you to Appeal Mum who is trying to find her for me. I really appreciate it.

C x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:35 pm 
I have no idea why it is locked either!! :? It's a conspiracy surely, all this mysterious talk of missing people and locking threads. 8) (Its tongue in cheek before anyone shoots me)
Any news? We are awaiting but not as eagerly as you, Cymbal!! :shock:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:32 pm
Posts: 6963
Location: East Kent
The post was locked because the mods ( after a great deal of discussion) felt that nothing more could be achieved by posting to LBSWM on the forum. The thread was already 4 pages long and was beginning to go in circles.

We appreciate that you are very anxious indeed to contact her Cymbal, but AM has said that she will try her best to pass the message on to LBSWM. Until then you can do no more.

I can assure you Tippy that , as attractive as it may sound, the mods have no hidden agenda. We are all far too busy trying to cope with our own rather hectic lives at the moment.

Yoyo 123
Mod


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:27 pm
Posts: 28
I respectfully disagree that it was beginning to go around in circles.
There is a story in Cymbal's thread.

In a fairly accurate order:
Nosey Cymbal casually asks for LBSWM.
People miss her or dismiss her absence.
People tell Cymbal that LBSWM is definitely reading not posting.
Cymbal posts on forum for LBSWM to contact her.
Cymbal gets no reply.
People tell Cymbal LBSWM is not here.
People suggest other avenues.
Cymbal posts on forum for LBSWM to contact her as a matter of urgency.
Moderator appears and contacts LBSWM.
Poster answers a discrepancy on post.
???

Not exactly boy meets girl but where is the happy ending?

I thought threads are locked only when forum rules are broken. There are many frivolous and lighthearted threads on the forum that are not locked.Whether it is 4 or 16 pages, there should still an opportunity for someone else who is contact with LBSWM or have the means to contact her to alert her. Presumably even for LBSWM if she is reading to reply.

Poster needs help, poster asks for help, poster gets help or in this case, no joy yet. I don't see any necessity to lock the thread. Defo a conspiracy! There are still other posts that do not even get a single reply and are not locked or deleted. People answer posts from months ago when they return from wherever they were. The door should always be open.Tippy,I love a conspiracy but not this one for I am another LBSWM fan. I agree with Cymbal, why your thread? If you won a lottery and you didn't know, you'd want people to come find you to let you know. It's no different to looking for someone.

I hope you hear from her soon, Cymbal and if not, my best wishes to you to get your problems solved. Are you sure none of the many people here cannot even give you a little help or even point you in the right direction?

Now it is my turn to say that if you are out there reading, LBSWM , my very best to you. I am one of the many who love your posts and enjoy your craziness. I hope you find your 'voice' again and forget the pettiness that seems to consume the forum now and then.Your 'Hub of Humanity' has all sorts, we need more of your sort. I miss your big heart and your toothy smile.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:29 pm
Posts: 2049
Location: Wirral
MoneyPenny wrote:
I respectfully disagree that it was beginning to go around in circles.
There is a story in Cymbal's thread.

In a fairly accurate order:
Nosey Cymbal casually asks for LBSWM.
People miss her or dismiss her absence.
People tell Cymbal that LBSWM is definitely reading not posting.
Cymbal posts on forum for LBSWM to contact her.
Cymbal gets no reply.
People tell Cymbal LBSWM is not here.
People suggest other avenues.
Cymbal posts on forum for LBSWM to contact her as a matter of urgency.
Moderator appears and contacts LBSWM.
Poster answers a discrepancy on post.
???

Not exactly boy meets girl but where is the happy ending?

I thought threads are locked only when forum rules are broken. There are many frivolous and lighthearted threads on the forum that are not locked.Whether it is 4 or 16 pages, there should still an opportunity for someone else who is contact with LBSWM or have the means to contact her to alert her. Presumably even for LBSWM if she is reading to reply.

Poster needs help, poster asks for help, poster gets help or in this case, no joy yet. I don't see any necessity to lock the thread. Defo a conspiracy! There are still other posts that do not even get a single reply and are not locked or deleted. People answer posts from months ago when they return from wherever they were. The door should always be open.Tippy,I love a conspiracy but not this one for I am another LBSWM fan. I agree with Cymbal, why your thread? If you won a lottery and you didn't know, you'd want people to come find you to let you know. It's no different to looking for someone.

I hope you hear from her soon, Cymbal and if not, my best wishes to you to get your problems solved. Are you sure none of the many people here cannot even give you a little help or even point you in the right direction?

Now it is my turn to say that if you are out there reading, LBSWM , my very best to you. I am one of the many who love your posts and enjoy your craziness. I hope you find your 'voice' again and forget the pettiness that seems to consume the forum now and then.Your 'Hub of Humanity' has all sorts, we need more of your sort. I miss your big heart and your toothy smile.



MoneyPenny,

Since you are a regular member using another alias, I will humour you on some points you have made.

1, There is nobody else who is in contact with LBSWM, that I know with certainty.

2, Your post is self explanatory as to why the thread was locked. Silly innuendos of conspiracies do absolutely nothing to help the situation apart from harbour feelings of unrest amongst members.

3, As you claim to be a fan of LBSWM, you will be well aware that I have a huge respect for her, which is why I will not continue to discuss LBSWM's matters on a public forum, viewable to the public.

4, Just so that you are aware, amongst her manyâ€


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:59 am
Posts: 2001
???

LBSWM spent a long time taking care of a lot of people. As I genuinely don't know why she left I'm considering the possibility that she is taking care of herself or her family.

I send LBSWM my very best wishes. X


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:27 pm
Posts: 28
Thanks for your response,AM.

Quote:
1, There is nobody else who is in contact with LBSWM, that I know with certainty.


> How do you know 100% that LBSWM is not in contact with any of the many posters on the forum?

Quote:
2, Your post is self explanatory as to why the thread was locked. Silly innuendos of conspiracies do absolutely nothing to help the situation apart from harbour feelings of unrest amongst members.

> My post just explains why there is no necessity IMHO to lock the thread. Why should there be any feelings of unrest? Only those who complained about her might be the ones likely to feel guilty.


Quote:
3, As you claim to be a fan of LBSWM, you will be well aware that I have a huge respect for her, which is why I will not continue to discuss LBSWM's matters on a public forum, viewable to the public.


> I do not doubt your friendship with LBSWM. What are LBSWM's matters? This thread is titled LBSWM and we are searching for her in a public way, much like a picture on a milk carton sold in supermarkets.


[quote]4, Just so that you are aware, amongst her manyâ€


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:27 pm
Posts: 28
mitasol wrote:
???

LBSWM spent a long time taking care of a lot of people. As I genuinely don't know why she left I'm considering the possibility that she is taking care of herself or her family.

I send LBSWM my very best wishes. X


I hope so too, Mitasol.

The mystery is why she left without an au revoir/laters when she said she loves this forum so much ( to me but not recently) and those weird last posts. And why she is not here now... :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:43 pm
Posts: 22
Quote:How do you know 100% that LBSWM is not in contact with any of the many posters on the forum?


Please don't have cross words on my behalf. I apologise for taking up forum time and space. Does any other person correspond with LBSWM who might be able to help me besides the moderators? I greatly appreciate any replies.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:43 pm
Posts: 22
Quote:You are confirming that she has informed you and the moderators that she has left the forum?

Moneypenny, you are right. I have had no joy yet. If she has left, how can she be reading? I am trying very hard to be very patient but I am frantic and still confused.My deadline is tomorrow and I don't think she is here because she knows that it is tomorrow.

Anybody else has a lifeline to her?

Thank you in advance.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ToadMum and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016