Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:19 am 

I've got loads of sew/iron in labels for school clothes but I'm looking for some recommendations for waterproof labels that can stick to things like water bottles and survive in the dishwasher.

Also, I always struggle to find places to write names on shoes and was chatting to someone who had got labels that fit into shoes and stay in! Unfortunately it was some time ago that they bought them and they can't remember where they came from.

I've done a google search and found loads of websites offering these sort of things but I was hoping that someone would be able to recommend a reputable place where I could purchase labels from.

Thanks
Alison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:28 am 
Cash's do the shoe labels and general labels for equipment (calculators etc) which have a transparent waterproof "cover" that sticks over the label. I have found them good; the shoe ones outlast the shoes. I'm not sure that they would survive dishwashing though! Personally, for that I use a permanent marker pen and redo when necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:04 am 

I use easy2name - they are sticky and iron on so can be used on clothes or hard stuff like calculators and lunch boxes, you can buy see through over-stickers for shoes (the same sort of thing as Kent99 mentions, but I think Clarks do something similar, too). For things that go in the dishwasher I use a CD marking pen - the sort that you use to write on CDRoms - but I'm sure any permanent marker would do the same job.

I had a very productive rainy afternoon this week attaching name tapes to shirts, jumpers, trousers......... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:02 am 

I use a permanent marker for things like water bottles and calculators and stuff like that. Quicker and easier. Just check every now and then that it hasn't worn off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:58 pm 

Kent99 wrote:
I have found them good; the shoe ones outlast the shoes. I'm not sure that they would survive dishwashing though! Personally, for that I use a permanent marker pen and redo when necessary.

That made me giggle, had the image of putting shoes through the dishwasher. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:58 pm 

Hi I swear by labels from labelplanet. They do packs that include labels for shoes, clothes and water bottles etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:40 pm 
I use a tippex pen for labelling dark items like a pencil case otherwise a cd marker or freezer pen on clothes labels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:51 pm 

We use Label Planet as well. I can't remember any coming off anything and there's no faffing about with an iron.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:10 pm 

SSM wrote:
Kent99 wrote:
I have found them good; the shoe ones outlast the shoes. I'm not sure that they would survive dishwashing though! Personally, for that I use a permanent marker pen and redo when necessary.

That made me giggle, had the image of putting shoes through the dishwasher. :lol:

Didn't you know - this really is the best way to get Crocs clean! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:00 pm 

Thanks for all your comments. I've gone with the Label Planet ones. but I'll get myself a good permanent marker too. :D

Alison