First day of school

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Yesterday DD was up bright & early. At one point I caught a glimpse of her through the corner of my eye & did a double-take - wrong uniform (well, not what I'm used to).

She had to take large rucksack instead of new, slightly smaller one. And PE Kit bag. Then off she went, leaving us both rather bemused at the front door.

Met up ("at the pub") with some newish friends (from local youth project) on the way down, and some Y7's on their way to the local comp.

Apparently she did cry a bit. During PE. With laughter at some of the questions other children were asking. Didn't help that she was sitting next to another friend (from nursery) who was in hysterics.

Totally settled in. Off today with slightly smaller bag. The only risk is the rest of the school are back today, and there is a high risk of them being cuddled with the comment of "aaah - they're so sweeet". They're also very easily identifiable as the school uniform has changed for the new intake (jackets, not sweatshirts).
Capers
andyb

Post by andyb »

DS up and ready at 7am - shame really as we had to drop DS2 off first at 8.45 and DS1 didn't actually need to be at school until 9.15!! Hopefully he will be just as organized tomorrow when we will have to leave at 8am - no chance :wink:
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

Hi all!!

My DS starts tomorrow! He is very excited. Tomorrow is the 'induction' day so we are unsure as to what he needs to take, however I've been told on Monday (official 1 st day back for whole school) he will have games till 5.00!!! :shock: Poor thing he is going to be shattered!!! I thought it might be more of an easing in but I guess not!!
Floss

Post by Floss »

Daughter started today was up and dressed early, don't think she slept much ! Only took basics today as they don't have lockers at the school. Must admit I did have a few tears in my eyes when she got on the bus :) Oh and she did say 'I'll kiss you now before the bus comes ' don't think she wanted to be seen kissing her mum goodbye :cry:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

DS2 went off looking very smart and very happy. The thing that thrilled him most was that he now has his own front door key!

I shall have to hide upstairs when he is due to get home so that he can have the joy of using it for the first time. :lol:
andyb

Post by andyb »

Well, first (half) day done and dusted - a bit shell-shocked but still smiling :D . He's in a form with 2 of his primary school chums which he's pleased about - I do hope he makes an effort with the other boys though. A small amount of "housekeeping" type homework - breaking them in gently, and loads of bits of paper for me to read, sign and return! We'll see how he gets on tomorrow when the whole school goes back!
Milla

Post by Milla »

don't talk to me about the bits of paper! my DS1 kindly handed all of his end of Y7 stuff over to me YESTERDAY while he was clearing out his ruck sack prior to Y8 today!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

*sniff sniff*, my baby has gone off to grammar school!!

I let her get on a bus half an hour ago with a load of strange people, she's never done the journey before and she has to change buses at the bus station.

Help, I'm scared :shock:

I hope she makes it ok!!
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Your baby is 'all growed up' now :)
She will be fine and have a wonderful time today i'm sure. Try not to think about it every hour and wonder what lesson she is in now as I have been doing with my DS..
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

OOOPS, they missed the connecting bus.

She is now following everyone else on the 20 minute walk to schook and struggling with all her bags (I did tell her not to take ALL the pe/swimming kit, but she would insist). :shock: :lol: (I got her uncle to ring her to wish her well on her first day so she didn't think I was checking up on her :shock: )

Yes, she is growed up now :cry:

I am waiting until 9 am when I know school has started (and then she wont be able to 'phone me for help) and then I will go off shopping. I was going to go at 7.45, but didn't like to in case she needed advice on her first journey!!

What am I like!!!