Rugby shirt cleaning

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Milla

Post by Milla »

Yes, I was wondering why people try to cause trouble. I hadn't thought of returners and obviously miss out on a lot of the spats which may take places on threads I don't frequent.
It's a shame, though, because the whole business of transfer to secondary is one which I, for one, take incredibly seriously. I've loved the help and fellow-understanding on this site but have no time for the nay-sayers and nasties. Not to suggest that everyone has to indulge in endless courtly language, indulging in courtesy dragged to a tedious length, nor do people have to agree but, every now and again, there are little comments tossed in which pull me up short and I wonder, yes, why do they do it?
zorro

Post by zorro »

You can't expect people to agree all the time. Life isn't like that and surely debate is part and parcel of a forum.
How exactly am I trying to cause trouble? :?:
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh YOU weren't!!!! :D
missmem

Post by missmem »

MoneyPenny wrote:
I think Milla is questioning why people 'fan fires' -you for inferring that Mystery could be me and Missmem for inferring that I am LBSWM in disguise. I wish I am LBSWM but I am not and sadly we are not any closer to when she's coming back.

However, Milla could also be asking why people come back in disguise; in which case, it's very bad form of you, Zorro and Missmem to insinuate who Mystery and I are.

You can tell I am cross but trying very hard to be polite.
I was only playing, MoneyPenny! :D
Sorry if I offended you. You just seem to be mentioning LBSWM a lot so I followed Zorro's post about Mystery's post with my own silly remark. Sorry again. I do agree it was in bad form. :cry: :cry:

Milla,
Troublemaking is spending all afternoon privately gossiping and spreading untrue rumours about other people; not YOU, of course! :wink:
mystery

Post by mystery »

Someone asked why people might come back under a different name. I would imagine that some people may have to from time to time.

These forums are anonymous, and need to remain so for lots of different reasons (good and sensible reasons that is). So, if someone in real life guessed who an author on here really was, they would need to change their name wouldn't they?

Now I'm sorry if my comment earlier on about a life of chardom and rugby shirts offended anyone. It was supposed to be flippant, but also with an element of truth. I found the whole thread quite funny - pages and pages of tips about the washing all apparently from mothers - if the internet had been around in the 1950s it would not have been any different!
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh, good, relieved to hear it was flippant rather than for real! I suppose that's why these emoticon things are here so we can pretend we're grinning all the time and not putting the boot in. I must say I found it funny us stressing about collars in amongst a sea of stressing about 11+, quite nice to have a moment off. I speak, naturally, as proud possessor of several grey collars.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Alternatively you could have a son like mine. Who was also playing in the rain on Tuesday and has merrily shoved rugby kit back in his locker :lol: . So not all mothers are stuck in a fifties rut of washing all day and being experts there in :wink: .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now