hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

aaagh !!! bizarre - I deffo read it!!!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

and I deffo wrote it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

I've got no idea what anyone's talking about ( just had y11 parent evening 8) ) but my dd has been asked to have hpp (2nd dose) +normal flu +swine flu and I'm now sure I'm taking her off all vaccination prgrammes - far too many injections all at the same time :shock:
LFH
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi LFH

sorry for confusion - we seem to have posts disappearing in the Yorkshire Dales!!

Anyway - that is a lot of imms in one go! .... It is unfortunate that all the programmes have collided... Most of our patients have had their seasonal flu (lots) and HPV catch up (not many - most done at school) - some will reappear for the swine flu, though I 'm still not sure how many will go for it
Milla

Post by Milla »

most certainly not front line anything here (as if!) but most def wouldn't touch the vaccine with a barge pole. Not that I have one of those to hand.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ah .. that explains it - I wondered what the long tube like things in sterile packages were, just delivered this evening. They tried to tell me they were something to do with the lighting system ... mmm no must be barge poles...
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Slightly OT but Herman can you tell me if another bug can destroy a flu virus? I have noticed recently that none of my friends/family/children's school mates have had SF but they have all had a vomiting bug. I just wondered if this bug could destroy SF in the process or if it doesn't work like that? I do think it strange that OH works in the City of London and is in contact with thousands of different people on a weekly basis and he and none of DC's school has had SF. :? Now I have said that we will all come down with it! :roll:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

vomiting bug is widespread as usual :roll: . Doesn't have any effect on the H1N1.
Having said that some people with H1N1 get D&V.....(but not a lot of it really)...

yes does seem strange how some people get it and others don't. I've been in contact with loads and haven't had it yet, also lots of youngsters get it but the parents don't (and they aren't really old enough to have been around in the 50's). :? .

Had a lot of people who commute / international flights / busy trains etc etc but are terrified of coming into a hospital building
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

It is strange. DS has had several classmates off with swine flu but hasn’t had it himself despite being immuno-compromised and an obvious candidate :o
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Herm, I really don't want DS to have the swine flu vaccine but he has asthma and doc is strongly advising us to get it. Why does him getiing SF make it more risky than other kids without asthma as this has not been explained to me?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now