Random question but what would you do?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

Sally Herts wrote:... on occasion has happily tucked into left-over pasta from the night before - yuck!
Hang on ,Cold lasagne is the food of the Gods!!!

Back on track, my DD often has a single bite of toast before school and as a child I was taken to the doctor who told my mum that if I only ate bread and margarine I would get all the nutrition I needed. I'm a firm believer in eating when you're hungry(although at 40 + this now means 24 hours a day)
"We've got a date with Destiny and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

Chelmsford mum wrote: This is quite an interesting thread to me because it gives an insight into mornings in other people's houses.The only people with several children I know seem to be the get up early, make scrambled eggs, children do their instrument practice and chat around the breakfast table etc types.(really :shock: )
:cry:
I have to admit that I cook my son beans/egg/spaghetti hoops on toast pretty much every morning! This is only because it is actually quicker than fighting over a bowl of cereal, and he is such a scrap that I think all meals are essential to him. DC certainly don't do instrument practise in the morning, I couldn't do that to the poor neighbours!
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

Oh and i'm with you masterchief on the cold lasagne! :D
Milla

Post by Milla »

Just1-2go wrote:Oh and i'm with you masterchief on the cold lasagne! :D
BLEURGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

You'll be fessing up to cold curry next, YUK!!!!
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

and cold chilli, I draw the line at cold cottage pie! :lol: :lol: :lol:
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Milla wrote: OUCH!!!
How?? :?
Two teeth broke on one side eating a starburst chewy sweet (!) and a day later on the other side I sneezed, losing two more fillings and a large chunk of tooth. Dangerous life I lead!
Was never taken to dentist as a child by my own mother and allowed to eat jaffa cakes for breakfast for years. ( Have dental phobia, therefore have to be sedated- long waiting list on NHS but worth it.)

Hence, would like Miss CM to have decent brekky!
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

Milla wrote:
Just1-2go wrote:Oh and i'm with you masterchief on the cold lasagne! :D
BLEURGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

You'll be fessing up to cold curry next, YUK!!!!
Cold lasagne's best because you can cut it into slices but cold curry works too!!!!!

You'll be telling me you don't like cheese on toasted muffins with peanut butter and chutney and baked beans next!
Freya

Post by Freya »

Mmmmm cold curry with Greek yoghurt in a butty or cheese on toast with grated Cadbury's milk chocolate on top!!

That's what I like, not my DC and not really for breakfast though. DD has none unless you count a bacon butty, at 1:00pm after she has just emerged from her pit, as breakfast. DS has cerial bar and yoghurt.
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

My college room mate used to like toasted sausage and Mars bar sandwiches when he had the "munchies"!!! :roll:
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Oooh, Inkypinkponky - I broke a molar last week finishing off ds3's toffee popcorn and I'm booked in for an hour with the dentist tomorrow. Not sure if we're going for a crown or extraction but I shall be demanding that he hits me with the strongest sedative he's got. I have a box of diazepam sitting on my desk from when my neck went into a spasm in the summer. Didn't use them then but am contemplating a couple with breakfast.... :cry:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now