year 7 german

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sally40

Post by sally40 »

Hi all that have answered thank you for your advice this is such a great site and have learnt so much and its nice to know that if i have any questions or concerns there is help to be had :) :)
Bexley

Post by Bexley »

Hi Sally

another thing to remember is that each test will have a ceiling for the level achievable. A child could be working at, for example, level 4, but if a test has a maximum mark of a level 3, that's all they'll be able to get.
wurzel

Post by wurzel »

We were sent averages for all subjects at the end of yr 7, so that we could see where our own child was in relation to the average. When I compared these against a similar list from another local grammar school, the average grades varied in a rather random way from subject to subject, by more than one level in some cases. I don't know why this is; perhaps teaching varies or some schools push particular subjects harder, or have different expectations in the first year. The overall effect was to make me fairly relaxed about exact levels at this stage, as long as progress looked reasonable.