What are the Signs of Bullying?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mystery

Post by mystery »

Well I hope the reverse of the topic is not considered "off topic". It has struck me recently that there is a lot of advice and literature about how to spot if your DC is being bullied, and what to do about it, but almost zero for the parents of children whose DC bullies others.

I'm guessing that there are probably an equalish number of bullies and victims so if there was some good help and advice for the parents of bullies too, it would be a worth spending some money on that side of the problem too.

What do you think? And anyone brave enough on this forum to admit to being parent of a child that has bullied at some point in time? Were there any early warning signs?
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

'Mystery' it is true that those who bully need help just as those who are bullied. As a parent, I would be horrified to find out my child was a bully but I would also want to know why it was happening ...

Will bullying ever stop? I doubt it ... it's the way that it is dealt with that's important, whether you are the parent of a victim or a parent of the bully.

However, I'm afraid to say, there are parents out there, who even if told their child was being unkind to another, do not wish to believe it and therefore do nothing about the situation!
Heartmum x x x
slug

Post by slug »

I think it s also always important to remember there are two sides to every story , i always try and delve a little deeper when mine come home with tales of woe. eg ." mum, my lunch box got broken today when **** jumped on my bag " - how terrible dear why should she do that ?" well i was running around with her bag ....." ah so it all becomes clear - you started it in the first place !
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now