Coeliac disease

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
moved

Post by moved »

Thank you very much. I never normally eat staff room biscuits anyway but of course today I wanted to eat them! The help on here and from friends is marvellous. I am making a list of where to go and what to buy. DD has always been a keen baker so I am going to get her some flour this week for weekend baking.

The homemade Christmas pudding is now boys only and I had better hastily make a gf one.
sp

Post by sp »

A friend is coeliac and I made her a GF xmas pud; tasted the same, after all so many yummy things in it the flour is a minor factor!!
Doves Farm GF lemon biccies are lovely (in Sainsburys) and I used them as a base for cheesecake.
Most recipes can be made using either GF flour or cornflour; I think the only negative result has been yorkshire pud, so if you have success let me know!!
I met someone once who when visiting a pasta restaurant took her own GF pasta with her. They were happy to cook it with their own sauce and she paid full price quite happily.
Y

Post by Y »

Don't forget the health food shops - they have a wide and interesting range of GF food. As for cakes and biscuits, the Village Bakery products are particularly good. Try out all the different supermarkets - they all have slightly different ranges.
KB

Post by KB »

Yorkshire puddings - add a little raising agent to the flour (I use half plain & half rice if you can use that?) & make individual ones in the 'flat' tins.
Not as good as normal but quite edible & better than the frozen ones (which are still OK).
Ally

Post by Ally »

Just booking an Afternoon Tea at the Ritz for Mother-inLaw's Xmas present and I've noticed they do a Gluten Free Afternoon Tea !!
moved

Post by moved »

Have just shown this to DD, she is wondering if we should go there for her birthday :!: