Rugby - the cons please

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Post by doodles »

Hi Freya, we're not Scrummy Mummy's here but Muddy Mums!!!!
zorro

Post by zorro »

Even more off topic....... DS HATES cricket, him and his friends deliberately played badly when they had trials in Y7 so they wouldn't get picked for the team!! :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Thankfully at Eton you can opt to do Rowing instead of the major sports so DS1 will be signing up for that. I don't think rowing is frought with danger, is it? On second thoughts, please do not reply to that question! :shock:
zorro

Post by zorro »

Falling in, getting whacked with an oar.......? :lol: :lol:
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

At My DS's school they can also opt for rowing - which he really wants to do instead of football....but they aren't allowed to until Y8 summer term then fully in Y9 - I think because they do not have the reach they need and also could affect and damage the spine if doing rowing too early on in development
Freya

Post by Freya »

doodles - LOL @ Muddy Mums :lol: :lol: :lol:

nooooooo, you are a Scrummy Mummy! I'm thinking of getting T-shirts done!

suncrest - wow, great pedigree! But yes, I know, my heart hasn't been where it is supposed to be for a few years now! I still love watching DS play though - it's just addictive! Although when DS executed a nigh on perfect charge down last week I thought for a horrible moment that he had been kicked rather powerfully in the head :shock:
doodles

Post by doodles »

I played hockey for many many years - just a couple of broken fingers, a few black eyes and a very nasty crack on the cheekbone from a fast flying ball. Took up rowing at University - frost bite, 6 am starts, and those cold plunges!!!!! in none to clean canals and rivers......................
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

doodles wrote:Took up rowing at University - frost bite, 6 am starts, and those cold plunges!!!!! in none to clean canals and rivers......................
:roll:
zorro

Post by zorro »

Oh cheers doodles!! :shock: ( re: the hockey!)
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Tipsy - I think the thing is there will always be risk in any sport and that is why it is so exciting and addictive (for some) even with tiddlywinks you could get a really nasty 'counter in the eye injury' :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now