How much are you spending on DCs xmas gifts

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

With my three it's not so much what to spend but what on ... :roll:

DS2 easy - only young and is into trains (lots of choice :) )
DS1 harder - has only put 4 things down on his Santa letter (books etc - he doesn't want to appear greedy to Father Christmas) so am trying to think of a main present for him :?:
DD - now she's another story! With the amount she's asking for I'm thinking about buying a ream of paper for her write it all down (she's of the opinion if you put lots down on your list your bound to get something from it :roll: )
Heartmum x x x
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

She has expressed an interest in trying different sports
MasterChief, have you heard of SportsCoach, it’s a sporting spin-off from StageCoach?

DD (11) very sporty but not keen on the ‘traditional’ girls sports such as netball and hockey. She’s been going to SportsCoach for over 4 years and has done archery, fencing, volleyball, martial arts, American football to name just a few. It’s not cheap, but cheaper than trying all the different sports one by one :D and they bring in expert coaches for each sport.

Thoroughly recommended for sporty kids who either want to try something different or don’t want to concentrate on just one or two sports.
Milla

Post by Milla »

Blimey, am going to get DH to read this as he thinks I'm far too extravagent but I'd never spend more than £150 between them tops. They tend to get one big thing between them (the exception to the £150-ish rule was a wii one year which gets the right amount of use - used in bursts and then abandoned, then taken up again).

Also am careful where I buy things - Amazon cheaper for books than the shops, etc. Try to buy stockings stuff through the year (and then forget where I've hidden it!) when see little things in sales and so on.

I hate the idea of buying for the sake of it. Have said in the past that their pile might not seem huge but I "owe" them something in a couple of months time. With birthdays in Sept and Nov I like to give them a little something in the summer, too, otherwise it's all winter stuff. (I know Sept isn't winter per se, but getting a bike then isn't so great - I got DS1's one for a very good report a couple of years ago and then went easy on the Christmas / birthday present).

Our main prob is that DS1's best friend is not only from a very wealthy family, but he is the fourth child and, er, rather pampered.

Oh, and Freya - those powerballs look good - but there are loads of different types, which is best??
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
Freya

Post by Freya »

Milla - we are getting a 'regular' one for DS with a counter (because he loves to set himself targets and beat his personal bests etc). It says not suitable for under 14s but DS has very strong arms and wrists from all the rugby and we will watch the time he spends on it.

He certainly won't be getting the gold plated one for £98 :shock: :shock:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
moose

Post by moose »

We are getting PS 3 console which comes together with the renewal of my mob contract for next year. Just cheating ourselves that it comes free. In reality I pay the same, but do not have to have to spend £220 just now. My DS's dream: Call of Duty- Modern Warfare 18+. I hate the game, but gave up fighting. What a different world our kids live in nowadays?!
Milla

Post by Milla »

thanks, Freya. DS1 is 13, not desp strong but wants to be and he does love a gadget, but I went onto Amazon and went a bit dizzy with the choice. And that was without the gold plated one!
Now, wench, missed a bit. Back to your chores: doors to guard, dogs to feed.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

(Milla, you're becoming SO bossy!) :mrgreen:

We're thinking (at least I am - not consulted OH yet!!) that this year the children should perhaps have a joint present for the room they are going to use as a sort of 'den'. Maybe a tv screen of some description.
Milla

Post by Milla »

Ed's mum wrote:(Milla, you're becoming SO bossy!) :mrgreen: .[/color]
'fraid it's not so much becoming as being revealed!
Ed's mum wrote:We're thinking (at least I am - not consulted OH yet!!) that this year the children should perhaps have a joint present for the room they are going to use as a sort of 'den'. Maybe a tv screen of some description.
most excellent idea (says bossily)
(and, wow! double quote managed)
Freya

Post by Freya »

Milla - we ordered the Powerball 250 Hz Pro - Blue - for £13.67

Dogs fed and doors secure!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

We arn't going to get spend the same amount on our 2 as we figure that over time things will even themselves out - spend wise!!! ;)

DS is getting a mobile phone as he was given a cast off and it really is a battered one!!

DD is only 5 so she is getting some books and dolls and dressing uip stuff.

Their grandparents gave us some money to get a WII so we have decided it's for both DD and DS (rather than just DS) as it's not cheap!!

We arn't getting each other anything as we are renovating at the mo and money is flowing hard and fast into that!! Why did we think it was a good idea?!!!