Please help a novice idiot!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Just made brandy butter from her recipe and I can taste the sugar granules - YUK - and the cranberry and orange marmalade to go with the potted venison tastes disgusting! I've been so put off, we're having Italian next year! :shock:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:.... potted venison tastes disgusting! :shock:
Sounds horrid :cry: That's what you get for being a posh , domestic goddess :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sure someone in the household will like it.... :? You need to get some inlaws there :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Oh no, the potted venison is good, it is the condiment that goes with it. DHL decided not to deliver my parcel yesterday eventhough the depot was 6 miles away and there was no adverse conditions in our area. So I have a timescale of 7:30am-9pm today to wait for my children's only Christmas present. OH bought wrong bowls for Christmas pud so that's still not done. If I don't cook it soon the ingredients will have pickled themselves. Todays culinary delights are:

Triple Chocolate Ice cream terrine
Chocolate log
Mulled wine for drivers! :lol:

Managed to shout at DS1 within 5 minutes of getting out of bed. :oops: DS2 (the naughty one) has been an absolute angel all week! :shock:
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Morrisons best christmas puddings - in microwave! Working on the principle that all have drunk so much by then they won't care! But admire all those who make their own. Husband does the christmas meal and uses delia's christmas book religiously!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Can I reheat steamed Christmas pudding in the microwave? It says I should resteam it. :?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Yes, you can, although it is best to re-steam a whole pud. We use the microwave to reheat leftovers.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

How long do I resteam it for if it has previously been steamed for the full time? Can I store it out of the fridge in a cool room? Thanks S-A!
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Can I just interject to ask if this is the same Tipsy? The domestic goddess does not fit at all with the picture I have in my head :shock: I think you are an imposter :shock:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

You could store it in a very cold room - or even outdoors. If it has enough alcohol in it, outdoors should be fine at this time of year.

Re-steam it for 2 hours on the day.
[color=#FFFFFF][size=50]http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk[/size][/color]
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Truffles today! I need a luxury recipe that doesn't have weird ingredients like greek yoghurt in it as I am stuck in the house awaiting a delivery and cannot go out. I have the usual:

double and single cream
creme fraiche
sugar
icing sugar
chocolate - all flavours
cocoa
flour
vanilla essence etc...

POST YOUR LUXURY RECIPES PLEASE!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now