Please help a novice idiot!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I am starting on the champers early as I is the one stuck in the kitchen. Awright!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

ANOTHER PROBLEM

So, am about to start making the stuffing for the turkey and go to get the giblets out as I need to use the liver. The package says it has giblets but when I look there is this massive long thing (the neck, I assume) stuffed in the cavity and no neat little bag of giblets. I look at the cavity and the kidneys are still in place and trying to get them out is not easy. I cannot find the liver anywhere and what if I don't get all the guff out of the cavity?

HELP, HELP, HELP!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Look up it's bum Tipsy!

(Sorry if that offends any sensitive souls, but that's where the rest of the bits are!!)
[color=#FFFFFF][size=50]http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk[/size][/color]
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

OOOO the giblets are the best bits for making gravy.

Don't throw the neck out Tips, boil it with onion, celery and carrot, you'll get a great stock out of it for your gravy. Tasty, tasty, tasty!!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

If I look up its bum and there are no giblets I am going to be very cross. I nearly puked at the smell of it the first time round. :(
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Can you give me alternative to celery and do I add seasoning for the stock?

Found the giblets! :D
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Way easier to get a turkey crown. :lol: I toyed with the idea of having a full turkey this year, but couldn't quite bring myself....the thought of necks and giblets would make me cry. :cry:
So I took the easy way out, although I do have some potatoes and some goose fat, so we'll see how they turn out :lol: Not much of a star in the kitchen, I have to say :oops:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Just make do with the carrots and onion.

Make the stock first then taste it to see if it will take a bit of salt (I don't cook with salt, we put it on at the table and it's turned out the kids don't bother and OH and I only do it occasionally - good for salt intake :D :D )

Add the scraps of turkey which fall from the bird when you carve to your gravy as well, makes it even nicer!!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

So far, so good! 8)
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Sally-Anne wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Look up it's bum Tipsy!

(Sorry if that offends any sensitive souls, but that's where the rest of the bits are!!)
That's why I leave it to Mr Sainsbury...I am a nervous meat eater Ewwwwwwwwww :cry:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now