Need symapthy - can't have a cup of tea!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I think David Tennant prefers men. He's too skinny for my tastes! :lol:
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:I think David Tennant prefers men. He's too skinny for my tastes! :lol:
Yes - a bit boyish & cleancut & the new one is even worse! Like David Bowie in his androgynous days
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I know rosered, I was looking for a bit of rough and gruff. :(
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

He was excellent in 'Hamlet' though, not quite so cleancut there
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Looking for help wrote:He was excellent in 'Hamlet' though, not quite so cleancut there
I don't think I would want a Hamlet mind you. Was reading it the other day - what a horror.
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Bringing this back on topic (sort of), as predicted the oil delivery didn't come today. If we don't use radiators and just keep the remaining oil for the Aga and hot water then we'll probably last about a week - the rest of the house will have to make do with logs. But an added difficulty is that due entirely to lack of foresight on my part most of the logs we've got are soaking wet! I've brought a load of the dampish ones into the kitchen and stacked them next to (and in :lol: ) the Aga in hopes they'll dry out. Meanwhile it's off for an early night under some nice warm (after 30 mins) blankets!

Very heavy snow forecast for tomorrow...
Last edited by Loopyloulou on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loopy
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Poor Loopy. I wonder if there will be a high birth rate next year due to being trapped indoors and freezing! :lol:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Loopyloulou wrote: Meanwhile it's off for an early night under some nice warm (after 30 mins) blankets!

Very heavy snow forecast for tomorrow...
Keep warm LLL. Good excuse for medicinal whisky. :wink:
Freya

Post by Freya »

Brrrrrrr LLL I know how that feels! One year we had DH's 80+ year old mother staying with us for Xmas with LPG delivery due the week before. It didn't arrive until 24th Dec as loads had been redirected to Scotland and we were tearing our hair out trying to keep MIL warm!

Also know all about 30 minute freezing sheets! I bet the birth rate does go up - loads of Aug babies!!! Not in this house though - DH went for a nice appointment with the surgeon! LOL

Hope you get your delivery soon LLL - fingers crossed!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:Poor Loopy. I wonder if there will be a high birth rate next year due to being trapped indoors and freezing! :lol:
A friend of ours from Newcastle is one of eight siblings and seven of them are born in October. When I commented on this he replied with a dead-pan face that it was extremely cold in Newcastle in January.

The eighth was born in June, and his siblings always wondered where he came from!