Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Need sympathy too...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:26 pm 
Boys have just gone off to boarding school after a whole calendar month off school. What's worse is that I can't do my twice weekly visit or have them home at the weekend this term because we don't have a car. DS1 is feeling poorly but has to go back tonight because of us having to hire a car today and we can't do it next week (OH work commitments and money!). :( What's worse is I have tonsillitus so I can't go with them and I feel truly awful and such a hideous parent that I can't tuck my boys in their school beds tonight. I'm off to have a cry. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:46 pm 

Ah poor you! Have a honey and hot lemon drink with plenty of medicinal brandy in it.
Hope you feel better soon - I'm sure the boys will be happy to be back with their friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:55 pm 

that must be just horrible, dying a little death each time. I just couldn't bear it. Time to get going on the teeny tiny patter methinks??? I suppose today is the worst? As zorro says, am sure the boys will be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:02 pm 

Aw Tipsy it must be rotten them going back to school and even worse when you don't feel well. I would suggest the honey and lemon, a good book and an early night with an hot water bottle. A good night's sleep always helps I find.

Just hold onto the thought that every day done is a day nearer to half term and the Easter Hols. Could you possibly go and visit them by train? Sorry if that's a crass suggestion but I don't know where you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:19 pm 

:( Poor you - just saying goodbye to the boys is bad enough, but being ill too ... x x x

Just keep saying to yourself, the boys will be fine ..... then have a 'medicinal brandy' (always works for me :wink: ) and before you know it half term will be upon us and mayhem returns!!! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:32 pm 

...So you ARE here Tipsy :wink: !

I always find that seeing him go back happy makes it much easier for me - thinking that he'll be back with his friends. I'm sure THEY don't miss US at all!

Get well soon, won't you, for our sakes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:37 pm 
Aww, five replies- I feel loved.

Milla, I think thee needs a lesson in tact and get that baby off the screen NOW! :evil:

Freya, I want a GSD now. To snuggle and to set on Milla!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:06 pm 

oh, gawd, sorry!!!!! am so excited to have the baby (a virtual baby such a good idea) that I didn't think :oops: Have been iPodding all day and a little bit crazy. Trying to take mind off £300 and an hour in the dentist's chair, drilling away and preparing for a cap.
Cheer up chicken, you deserve a treat. So do I! Mine's fish and chips tonight: nice and soft and no cooking.
XX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:15 pm 
I've just had a wispa and may crack open the G&T. How the other alf live, eh! :lol:

Put that babe up if you must :roll: but I may never speak to you. A friend of mine who has been trying for 10 years has just bought a dog as she had given up hope. Did a test and got a positive today, picks up the dog tomorrow. FREYA?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm 

:(

never mind Tipsy i am sending you Master yoyo (and his 2 drum kits), no hurry to return him....