Need symapthy - can't have a cup of tea!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Freya

Need symapthy - can't have a cup of tea!

Post by Freya »

Water pump that pumps water from our bore hole has stopped working :cry: and tank has run dry! Am waiting for someone to come and look at it and can't even have a cuppa! :cry:

Edit: Am starting to dislike this house - thinking of jumping on the moving bandwagon! Anyone want to buy a beautiful 1773 house where nothing ever goes wrong, honest?
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Every house I have ever rented has been freezing in the winter and we've moved because we couldn't put up with another winter. So we have gone from an aga that broke down on Christmas day - yes, that's right and before the tats managed to get roasted but after they got covered in oil - to a house that does not have enough radiators to warm it properly.

...but I do have water, you poor thing. Now you should have a tin of soup to keep you warm or get in the car and find a well known coffee chain!
Freya

Post by Freya »

Tell me about it! In this house we also have a Rayburn that seems to know when it's Xmas day / relatives visiting etc and chooses that moment to pack in (cooking, heating and hot water). We have log burners that set the chimney on fire. My washing machine, being in an outside utility room can't be used in freezing weather. Mice have often chewed the outlet pipe on the dish washer, flooding the kitchen. It's so cold in the entrance way that snow falling from boots as people enter takes hours to melt. Now the b*****y water pump!!! Grrrrrr

I have soup and a microwave! Can't go out as DH has taken the Landrover to work and left me with the Jag which won't make it down the lane due to snow / ice. DD is still in bed oblivious! I also have some gin, which it may come to!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

You have my sympathies Freya, we too seem to have the sort of house and trimmings which take great delight in breaking down regularly and on cue for no apparent reason.

As for the water, are you sure it's not frozen up???
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Sending oodles of sympathy your way Freya. x
doodles

Post by doodles »

Aw poor you Freya - no cuppa is the worst case scenario ever. I start to get panicky when the tea caddy goes lower than half full!

Could you melt some snow?!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

doodles wrote:
Could you melt some snow?!

But not the yellow stuff :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Freya, I think you should ask CC to let DS board for the next few weeks. Tantamount to child cruelty! :P
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

Melt some clean snow and boil thoroughly?
Freya

Post by Freya »

Thank you all for your lovely sympathy! The diagnosis is knackered pump and someone will be arriving tomorrow morning to fit a new one. Just what we needed right after Xmas eh?

Hubby coming home soon with bottled water so won't have to boil the snow - very high likely hood of yellow snow with all our dogs! LOL

Have been drinking lemonade and just about managed to stay off the gin!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now