What age can I leave the kids alone in the evening

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
teffi

Post by teffi »

Thanks Tipsy, that's a great solution, hadn't thought of that. Clearly you have met my son's appetite before. He'd probably try to throw himself on the mercy of his friend or friend's mum for rations!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Snowdrops wrote:oooooh you're a hard woman Tipsy!!

I'd be running back as quick as possible, I'm sucha soft touch :oops: :oops:
That's me! Pack em off at 7 to boarding school etc...

No violins inky, but I now have a picture of you with your weedy legs in oversized gym shorts looking miserable! :lol:
teffi

Post by teffi »

Ok inkypinky

Now I can threaten him with a rough scratchy string key necklace if he loses it- that oughta do it!
zorro

Post by zorro »

Tipsy, I did answer your question! Look back on page 2 -my reply to Ed's mum.
I am a bit wary of the forum at present as I keep getting weird pm's from a new person. Have reported it but have just got 2 more.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

zorro wrote:Tipsy, I did answer your question! Look back on page 2 -my reply to Ed's mum.
I am a bit wary of the forum at present as I keep getting weird pm's from a new person. Have reported it but have just got 2 more.
I wonder if that's the same person who has tried to extract my life story via pm's. :? We is famous Zorro! :lol: :lol: :lol:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I'm fairly sure DS would lose the key, because I do, regularly!
He hasn't a hundredth as many things to think about as you, surprisingly enough he's fairly unlikely to get distracted and lose it or forget it - ours is completely on another planet and even he hasn't managed it yet (although he did reappear at the front door five minutes after setting off one morning having realised he'd set off without it). We've given our retired neighbours a spare and told him to call there for it if necessary. Neither of us can rush home to let him in if he's careless, he'd just have to burrow into a snow drift to shelter from the wind...

Mike
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I can see it all now:

****** The Tipsy and Zorro Show ******

or should that be

***** The Zorro and Tipsy Show *****

The fame may have found you both, but what about the fortune????
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Still paupers in need of scholarships! :wink:

Zorro and Tipsy - is that Age before Beauty then, or Pride comes before a Fall? :shock:

Tipsy and Zorro - **** before the shovel?
tense

Post by tense »

Teffi

How about attaching the key to elastic? (about a 1/4 inch wide, the flat type). The other end of the elastic can be sewn securely to the inside pocket of his rucksack. You just have to test that he can stretch it far enough to reach the lock!

I'm sure I read that tip on here somewhere when I was wondering what to do for my DD (didn't actually use it, she is one of those with a dozen daft bits on her key ring - I'm more worried the weight of it will pin her to the floor one day :roll: ).
tense

Post by tense »

PS re; the original post about leaving kids.

My DD is 13 & doesn't like to be left alone when it's dark (altho' she gets cross if I get home early during the day & disturb her being home alone). But I was out with a friend one evening recently, who had left her 13 yr old at home. Must have looked surprised, as she reminded me that we used to leave the kids with teenagers when they were babies. Looking back, don't know how I was ever comfortable with that - obviously escaping for a few hours was all that was on my mind :lol:

My DS is 9. I don't think I will ever be able to leave him at home alone :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now