How amny of you take full time care of your DC's pet?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Milla wrote:she'll remember that...
Listen if you think she's in trouble...

....I'm about to ram that baby where.....

...dum, dee, dum, dee, dum.... :twisted:

EDIT: And who's "she"? :snooty emoticon:
KB

Post by KB »

DS has to get up early to see to dogs before school & when he gets home unless Im feeling kind/ if he has too much homework.
I'm lumbered during the day though!
Plum

Post by Plum »

The kids and I wanted a dog but OH thought it was too much of a committment but then had the bright idea of getting a ferret! :cry: DS thought this was a great idea and encouraged his dad, promising that he would look after it and before I could say no we had got one. We then discovered that they were social animals so had to get another one! :cry: :cry: We then discovered that they really smell! :cry: :cry: :cry: So they were moved outside, however, DS, does get them out twice a day, feeds them clean their cage and plays with them. He does have to be reminded sometimes but does generally get on with it. We have lost them a couple of times which resulted in hastily printed "lost" posters delivered to the neighbours and me rushing home from work to chase one out from under a neighbour's car but on the whole DS does look after them. Don't know if this will continue when he goes to high school in September but I hope so! OH now wants to get flying squirrels but I have really put my foot down although he did come home with a lizard a few weeks ago.... why me???? :cry:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

We have a dog and a hamster. The dog belongs to my husband, really, it was his idea to get him, and I think we kind of wish we hadn't bothered, because it's such a lot of work and he is very unhappy when the children have friends over. Although he is gorgeous and friendly really, just misunderstood :roll: (the dog not my husband :lol: )

The hamster belongs to my son who bought him with his own money. He also bought the cage and everything needed to look after it properly. For the first 5 or 6 months, he was vigilant in looking after him and cleaning him out, but after that I have had to remind him to do it....and now he uses his pocket money to pay his siters to clean out the cage etc. 8)

I'm a bit worried though, it's about 2 years old now, a very friendly little soul, but how long do these things live.....I thought it only lived for 18 months :roll:
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Looking for help wrote:
The hamster belongs to my son who bought him with his own money.

I'm a bit worried though, it's about 2 years old now, a very friendly little soul, but how long do these things live.....I thought it only lived for 18 months :roll:
One of my nieces (then aged 7) had a hamster, Rainbow, who was 2 when he went to stay with a neighbour, as the family were going on holiday for two weeks.
Unfortunately Rainbow died the very next day and the neighbour was distraught. She didn't want to throw the little body away so she put him in a freezer bag and erm.........Rainbow was popped in her freezer.
When my niece returned, Rainbow was defrosted and had a proper burial in his own garden.
Aw, bless!
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Being fur allergic I thought I was immune from these problems - but no. 10 year old DD is away for the weekend and I am pet sitting a tamagotchi, her nintendogs virtual dalmation and making sure that biscuit doesn't leave animal crossing while she is away! :roll:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: