Laser Eye Treatment - Have you? Would you?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

[img]I%20personally%20wouldn't%20let%20a%20laser%20any%20where%20near%20my%20eyes%20but%20have%20had%20all%20my%20under%20arm%20hair%20lasered%20off%20which%20is%20almost%20as%20life%20enhancing.[/img]

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Plum

Post by Plum »

Thanks for all your replies! Seems opinion is very much against. I've a friend who used to work at Moorfield's and she said that the doctors there would never recommend it but that was quite a few years ago and I would have thought the technology has moved on a bit since then.

I have a consultation booked so I think I will make a list of the concerns you folks have raised and give them a real grilling!

I will let you know the outcome.

thanks very much.

Plum
Sassie'sDad

Post by Sassie'sDad »

My work colleague had her eyes lazered in Harley street about ten years ago for about 5K. It was pretty uncomfortable but hey, she's a stoic and she said it was great not to have to wear contacts (or glasses). I was wondering how long it would last. Don't really know but it has lasted ten years. I wouldn't go anywhere near a lazer. Sight is so precious and I really could not contemplate doing without it!
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

A friend inherited £3000 from her Nan with the proviso that she spent it on herself, not her husband/kids/house etc.

She decided to have her eyes lasered and paid for private treatment at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London. The cost was all her inheritance and a bit more but this was about 5 years ago and she has never regretted it. Every morning she wakes up, opens her eyes, sees everything is in focus and thinks of her Nan.

Another friend also had it done, but paid about £400 at Vision Express. The first time didn't work properly as the measurements were not correct. She did have the other eye done too, but usually has to wear contacts as her vision has improved but is a little fuzzy.
The stupid thing is, she could easily have afforded top private treatment but chose instead to go and see Mickey Mouse in Florida instead!

You gets wot you pay for it seems.
Wallasey

Post by Wallasey »

I heard it lasts about as long as your eyes managed without glasses in the first place. I think if I had significantly poor eyesight I would consider it, although I probably couldn't afford it!
mad?

Post by mad? »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:[img]I%20personally%20wouldn't%20let%20a%20laser%20any%20where%20near%20my%20eyes%20but%20have%20had%20all%20my%20under%20arm%20hair%20lasered%20off%20which%20is%20almost%20as%20life%20enhancing.[/img]

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have lots of questions about this but they are all abit revolting. In short though, did it a)hurt b)take long c)work? Must say it sounds likie a great idea :D
mad?
marigold

Post by marigold »

In short.... five sessions lasting about 10 minutes each. Two done by a consultant plastic surgeon with a large NHS laser practice, stung like ****, three done by a beautician and I barely noticed!

Nothing left at all but I believe I may need the odd top up session over the years. Couldn't recommend it more highly.
mad?

Post by mad? »

thanks marigold i'm tempted...but not by the plastic surgeon :lol:
mad?