Road Rage.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wanting the best

Road Rage.

Post by wanting the best »

I was picking up my DC from school (an Indie) today. I was indicating that I was going to park (in the school grounds) when a Dad behind me started honking his horn and shouting "Move. I need to be somewhere." This just goes to show that you may be able to afford private education but can still lack manners. He had his daughter in the car and she probably would grow up thinking there is nothing wrong with this type of behaviour.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mmm saw plenty of parents at DDs prep like that!!! Bet he was driving a fancy car too...
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Head out from lurking. . .

I don't know why you seem surprised by this. DC in private preps and certainly there such rudeness in parking practice. Also known for parents to become most uncivilized and aggressive if DC not chosen for A team.

My OH reckons that many used to alpha male position in their businesses. Certainly go-getting behaviour also much in evidence at any school event involving a bar.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

The problem with some private school parents is that they send their children to a certain school because of the ethos: manners, discipline, caring environment and yet do not live by the same standards! :roll: It is often the first time buyers (excluding us on here of course!) or the academic pushy parents that are the worst as this pushiness fliters into every aspect of their behaviour.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Now the rudeness thing doesn't surprise me - I've met far too many people in life who are soooooo rude they're not worth bothering about.

What does surprise me is that they do it in the surroundings of the school because they can be easily recognised again. They don't even have the wherewithal or nounce to realise they're making themselves look even more foolish, stupid and moronic by being able to be recognised time and time again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Plum

Post by Plum »

Huh - we nearly got run over on the pedestrian crossing outside DCs school yesterday! The traffic lights turned red and 2 cars stopped but the third decided they were in too much of a rush and far too important to wait so they drove round the other two cars and through the red light. Luckily, nobody had started to cross. What really annoyed me was the man had two kids in the back!

What is so important that it's worth risking a life for!

Rant over :oops:

Plum
cappucino

Post by cappucino »

It is a constant source of amazement to me just how parents drive close to schools ...

Those zigzag lines ARE there for a reason, and aren't in fact their personal car park ! Yes, we know they are only going to be there for a minute, until DC forgets their PE kit, or they spot another mum they just have to talk to ....

*steps down off soapbox and stores it safely for the next time*

As Plum said what is so important it is worth risking a child's life for ?
Plum

Post by Plum »

LOL! :D

You sound just like me! We sometimes get a PCSO outside our school but he can't actually do anything, like issue a ticket, to stop parents parking there.

And the thing that really annoys me -a lot of these parents live close enough to walk to the school! I find it quicker to walk DCs to school and walk home and get the car than to drive to school and park! Also, a lot less stressful and more healthy. I walk past other parents loading their kids up and do they get there any sooner - no! :roll:

Rant over..... for now!
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

The number of parents who drive while using a mobile phone near schools with children in the car amazes me. In my book that should result in a driving ban.
I have to admit that I do, on occasion, make as if to step off the kerb in front of phone-using drivers just to see the sudden panic on their faces (but not,obviously, if they have children in the car).
"We've got a date with Destiny and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Yes, and it's mostly those in the big flash cars who do it :shock:

I wouldn't mind but the hands free kits are so cheap these days, they ought to be ashamed of themselves :evil:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now