Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

teffi

Post by teffi »

My sister keeps two rats, Padstow, and yes they do make good pets. They are active during the day and they often come out of their cages for cuddles, treats and a run around the house. They seem intelligent and like to sit on shoulders! My sister adores them and plays with them more than her children do. Her husband is less happy with the rats because they wee and poo on the floor when they are out of the cage- can't blame them for that! S'only natural!
Padstow

Post by Padstow »

teffi,

A Rex and 2 rats! Your sister must have her hands full.

Whatever it is, you have to make sure everyone in the household is happy to have the rabbits, goldfish,African snails, dogs,cats, rats or whatever pet you choose. I help out in an animal sanctuary and it really pains me to see dogs and cats given up because the OH cannot tolerate the pet and this is even after many years of the pet being a member of the family. Maybe as people get older, they get less patient and tolerant of their partners' pets.

Think carefully about getting a pet. Remember the "A dog is not just for Christmas" slogan? even a goldfish deserves consideration.

Padstow
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Miss Yoyo once had a pet onion, which went with her everywhere --until one day when I inadvertently cooked it...
Amber

Post by Amber »

yoyo123 wrote:Miss Yoyo once had a pet onion, which went with her everywhere --until one day when I inadvertently cooked it...
That is eye-wateringly funny.

Once you peel off the layers though, there is no substance to it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now