Do I or don't I?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
TP123

Do I or don't I?

Post by TP123 »

My DS has got through to first choice school and we are SO proud of him. He has been saving up for a PS3 and needs to continue saving until September to make it. Part of me wants to just buy him the PS3 as a massive surprise now that he has done so well.

Should I?
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Sounds a lovely idea!

But, if you have any other children, please don't forget that they will deserve the same surprise! Can you afford it?!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

hmmm, you could give him an extra large donation towards it....

mind you , I gave in to Master Yoyo when he broke his wrist and persuaded us that a PSP would be excellent physiotherapy to get flexibility back..
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Go on, you know you want to .......................................................

................................................ and he deserves it!! :D :D :D :D
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I'd do it. Success brings rewards. But make sure other kids get/got the same treatment when their time comes.
tense

Post by tense »

I think a DC saving up for something like a PS3 is great - your DS will really appreciate its value.

So rather than just buying him one now, I would go with yoyo's suggestion of cash. Your DS may wish to put this towards the PS3, or even decide to spend it on some of the things he has been denying himself while he's been saving so hard!

Congrats to your DS - on getting into his 1st choice school & on being a supersaver :lol:
TP123

Post by TP123 »

My DD is 5 years younger - so I will have enough time to save up for her surprise when the time comes. :lol:

I think I will wait until the weekend and then either decide to surprise him with the cash OR with the gift itself (if i give in).

Thanks!!!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Youngest DD (7!) insisted on saving her pocket money to buy her first watch. It is now her pride and joy! :)
Marylou
TP123

Post by TP123 »

That is very adorable!

Is it normal for a 5 year old to want a DSi?? i can't believe they know the name at that age - let alone pressure their parents for one because their friends already have it :shock:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Miss 1880 saved her pocket money for 18 months (aged about 6-7) to buy a DS :shock: . Master 1880 spends every last penny of his pocket money on whatever he saw last, so he got an XBox for his 11th last year as a reward for his 11+ efforts in the certain knowledge that he wouldn't be capable of saving for it himself.

We spent a similar amount on his sister to keep things fair - we won't be spending anything like that this year though! Hopefully we might have some money again by next year... :roll:

Mike
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now