Present for getting first choice school?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

My daughter has been given nothing! Absolutely nothing...
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

I didn't give anything and not because I am stingy but we went for pizza after the exam itself, rewarding the effort, but succeeding is the primary reward.
Perhaps a sausage in batter though..... :D
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

All my midget got after the test was a breakfast afterward's in Tesco's cafe and got to stay up late watching a film with his mum and dad. He know's his reward was being proud of himself for having done it and passed.

When he get' s a scool place it will be no different, maybe a bag of sweet's and that will be it!
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Like Ed's Mum. Nothing, nada, zilch, not (even) a sausage.

Reward was the school allocation and his own personal satisfaction.

But then perhaps I am an old meany.
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

After going through 11+, appeal, then getting school of choice :D - went down the 'gift for all the family' to celebrate ... excellent idea as we got something 'I' really wanted 8) :wink:

Even better, with two more DCs to follow - already planning 'my' next gift :D 8) :wink:
Heartmum x x x
mad?

Post by mad? »

I have not eaten a sausage in batter for about 20 years. Not because I'm virtuous like the weight loss ticker crew but because if I did my fingers would finally be too fat to type and then you'd all miss my bon mot :? . Thankfully I had forgotten such things exsisted. Until now :evil: Since marigold's post it is almost all I have been able to think about :oops: :oops: I may succumb to temptation so if I don't post for a while you'll know that I'm having to learn to type with my nose.
mad?
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

mad? wrote:I have not eaten a sausage in batter for about 20 years. Not because I'm virtuous like the weight loss ticker crew but because if I did my fingers would finally be too fat to type and then you'd all miss my bon mot :? . Thankfully I had forgotten such things exsisted. Until now :evil: Since marigold's post it is almost all I have been able to think about :oops: :oops: I may succumb to temptation so if I don't post for a while you'll know that I'm having to learn to type with my nose.

Hee hee :lol: Me too. I used to have one on a Thursday night as a child because it was fish and chip night.(aka pay day for my dad) Can almost taste it now...... :( Can feel my arteries hardening in anticipation... :?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

mad? wrote: Since marigold's post it is almost all I have been able to think about :oops: :oops:

I may succumb to temptation so if I don't post for a while you'll know that I'm having to learn to type with my nose.
Sorry, Health and Safety don't allow it:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Wow Snowdrops just noticed your ticker....well done you waif you! :shock:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

AAAWWWW, fanks CM - still a long way to go though!!

I'm looking forward to my roast chicken, carrots and cabbage for tea, mmmmmmm :shock: :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now