Present for getting first choice school?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mad?

Post by mad? »

Snowdrops wrote:AAAWWWW, fanks CM - still a long way to go though!!

I'm looking forward to my roast chicken, carrots and cabbage for tea, mmmmmmm :shock: :wink:
Sausage in batter? No? Are you sure? :oops: :oops:
mad?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Only read the first part of this thread so doubt it's already gone off topic :roll: but I have had a rethink :o about gifts.

I don't think a child should get a gift for getting into their first choice school unless they have done something to get that place. If its an 11+ pass then they should get a gift for passing the 11+ not getting into a certain school as many 11+ children never get a place due to oversubscription. :( If its an inde and they pass an exam then fine but if there is no exam at the inde or comp then they shouldn't as they have done nothing to gain entry.

In fact we should be giving ourselves a present for all the stress and hard work we have had to do in getting the schools of our choices! :lol:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

T.i.p.s.y wrote: In fact we should be giving ourselves a present for all the stress and hard work we have had to do in getting the schools of our choices! :lol:
:D :D sausage in batter it is then
doodles

Post by doodles »

No a saveloy for me!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

In Scotland they do a rare (means edibly sumptuous) fried pizza and chips! 8)
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

For my DS, passing the 11+ and gaining the GS school place were essentially the same thing as the school is superselective. No pass mark.

Love the idea of rewards for us, though! Curry and plonk would be nice...
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

First-timer wrote:Love the idea of rewards for us, though! Curry and plonk would be nice...
Curry :x plonk yes.What goes down well with sausage and batter then....
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Vimto or red cola and chlorine coated hair from just having been to the swimming baths!
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:In fact we should be giving ourselves a present for all the stress and hard work we have had to do in getting the schools of our choices! :lol:
Exactly 8)
Heartmum x x x
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

First-timer wrote:Vimto or red cola and chlorine coated hair from just having been to the swimming baths!
Ewwww gone off my sausage now! :(