Supposedly disastrous piano exam

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

DS gave me worse feedback and passed with 118. He wasn't ready for the exam, imo, and he still passed.
Sillysocks

Post by Sillysocks »

I know of some children who come out of the exams in tears, but get distinctions!!

I think it all depends on how they expect themselves to do rather than in terms of what the examiner is looking for. Some people are never happy with their own performance.

What was the teacher's prediction? Unfortunately for piano they can't be in there with them, but despite that they should have an accurate picture.

Not wishing to be negative, but there are failures too, look on the ABRSM website - but I know of none.....
Milla

Post by Milla »

don't want to gender generalise here, but in my experience girls tend to be quite perfectionisty and prey on the small mistakes which are completely forgotten by boys. Mine are hideously confident - my heart always sinks terribly!!
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
LuluQueen

Post by LuluQueen »

KB wrote:It sounds like she just isn't used to exams.
She probably did fine & the exam is marked on musical ability not the child's comments or anything else :)
OK thanks KB you've put my DD's mind to rest, she thought she was going to get marked down for being negative!

mystery wrote:More important that she enjoys playing than how she did in this particular exam. Does she enjoy playing? Is she any good at it?
Yes, judging by the way she plays at home she is very good at it, but then again I don't have the most musical ear!

Sillysocks, the teacher said that she would be fine in the exam as long as she didn't panic :shock: . All she did was panic! :shock: :shock:

Well thanks all for the support and, if you want, I will inform you of her results. You've made us feel tons better! :D

Regards, LQ
LuluQueen

Post by LuluQueen »

Guess what...

SHE PASSED!!!
She just managed to scrape a Distinction! 130 points...I feel giddy with shock!

Thanks all for your support!
LQ
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

It just proves that we cannot rely on our offspring to be able to judge their own performance. That's SUCH good news - a distinction no less! :lol:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Welll done :D
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

She didn't just Pass she got a distinction! 8)
LuluQueen

Post by LuluQueen »

Thanks all! I will never rely on my DD's judgement again! :D

LQ
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Wow, that's fantastic news, I hope she get's a nice treat :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now