How tall are your DC?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Midget Man

How tall are your DC?

Post by Midget Man »

Just wondering really if there are any children as small as my midget! He took part in a school's hockey tournament on Thursday where another mum asked me

"Which one is your's?" so I say "That small one with the biggest shirt"
She then says, "Is he in yr4 then?"

The look of shock on her face when I said he's yr6 had me laughing so loudly :lol:

Anyway, he's 10+9 mths and 131cm.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Well Midgetman the trick is to find the red book (not chairman Mao's!) you were given about 10 years and 9 months ago- find the 2-18 height page and see what centile master MM is on.... If he is on the 9th (then there at least 8 kids in every hundre shorte than him.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

He's on the 2nd centile :shock: :lol:
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

I have a tall DD, an average DS1 and a titchy DS2 (y4 would look at home in Yr1) Good job I never had a DC4, he/she would have been a good friend of Stuart Little!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

My DD was 2nd centile right up to the age of about 13. A few brief years later and she's now slightly taller than me (I'm average female height) - but only if wearing her high-heeled boots! :lol:

The most frustrating thing she found was when people always assumed she was younger than she was. On the plus side, she was always able to join her much younger siblings in places like Wacky Warehouse without anyone raising an eyebrow.

The funny thing is that people still refer to her as "little" and "tiny", even though she is actually just below average height and taller than a lot of adults I know.
Marylou
zorro

Post by zorro »

My DS is growing at an alarming rate. He's going skiing soon and he recently tried on last year's (brand new ) clothes. The jumpers were above his wrists and the trousers were hovering well above his ankles. He is now about 1.69m,he was 13 last month.
Mind you he has a boy in his class who is 6ft 3in! :shock:
mad?

Post by mad? »

No idea how tall either of mine are a thte moment but I can tell you that DD1 grew from 4 foot 10 to 5 foot 2 in between my buying the new school uniform and the end of year 7. Not only did this cost me a fortune in a new uniform but she is now, mid way through year 8 and 5 foot 5. Grrr!
mad?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Not sure how tall dd is, but I'd say (comparing her to my height) she's about 5' 3"/4" inches.

We are absolutely thrilled that there are more than one or two girls and lots of boys who are taller than her in her class. In primary she was the tallest of all of them (even the boys) and she stood out like a sore thumb, now she's with people of similar heights it's great!!!

When I was young (and even now suprisingly :shock: ) I was always head and shoulders above everyone else and felt really quite awkward and gawky, I always wanted to be 3"/4" shorter than I actually am (but as I've now ended up with someone 6' 4", it's just as well I'm not :lol: :lol: ).
Sally Herts

Post by Sally Herts »

We've just had the letter from the National Child Measurement Programme :shock: so I can confirm that my son is about your son's height. He also said he weighed about a stone less than everyone else!

My DS also noticed that all the children who would have registered as "very overweight" on the scale opted out of the NCMP weigh-in... not surprising - who wants to have it pointed out to you that your child is "clinically obese". (It also makes you wonder how much reliance can be placed on statistics gathered from this source, if this opting out is reflected across the country...)

Anyway, I'm quite conscious of my son's lack of height, but I go out of my way not to draw his attention to it. My mum was always mentioning her disappointment in my height - and I'm average :D
moved

Post by moved »

DS is also on the 2nd centile. I am 5'4 and DH is 6'0. I keep hoping that he will grow when puberty kicks in a little more than just plain grumpy. He is currently 13 1/2.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now