How tall are your DC?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nathair

Post by Nathair »

DD1 is 10, 5'1" size 6 feet :shock: and there's more meat on a butchers pencil :lol:
DH is 6'4 and I'm 5'6 but if I had grown straight (I didn't) I would have been about 5'9
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
Ally

Post by Ally »

It's amazing what we our selves consider short/tall thin/fat. There was an interesting bit in the Jo Frost TV series about very young girls and weight perceptions. It would be interesting to know about boys perceptions on height /weight perception It's amazing the range of weight / height within just one year group. I've just attended a class assembly and it's really noticeable.

The link below is a useful weight / height calculator which I've found useful.

My DS is not yet 10years 7months (born late august). He's 145cm tall and on the 6th percentile. I'm getting worried has he's not grown since Xmas so we'll have another major growth spurt soon. Trying to get trousers to fit is a major problem. You can get trousers with the adjustable waist elastic. But when they're on the tightest the elastic tends to rip and also the trousers look like a sack of potatoes. Hopefully the new slim fit by NEXT will be an improvement.

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthywe ... lator.aspx
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

My Midget get's picked on practically on a daily basis because of his height, particularly because even all the girl's are taller than him. I have witnessed when taking him along to a new club children are fine and chatty, then they find out how old he really is then start calling him useless or patting him on the head being nasty.

It's absolutely fine for a girl to be small, is seen as very cute, but I soo hope my boy's will grow!! :D
arealfarmer

Post by arealfarmer »

Midget Man wrote:My Midget get's picked on practically on a daily basis because of his height, then start calling him useless or patting him on the head being nasty.
You need to teach him how to knee them in the n*ts ! :D

A friend of mine who is 6' 2" went all through senior school as the smallest ( and evidenced by recent facebook school photos - very small ) I think it was post 16 that he started growing .
Sally Herts

Post by Sally Herts »

Poor lad. I sympathise. My DD is the same height as my DS but two years younger, and people always ask whether they are twins. It's not helped that my DD is much more outgoing and sounds really grownup. Even the dentist really patronises my DS quite unintentionally, and last time offered him Ben10 stickers, even though he's 11. :shock:

I am quite touchy about it, but my DS doesn't seem that bothered, and I try not to show it, as I don't want to give him a complex.

Midget Man, does your DS mind? I think that children often start by being nasty, often unintentionally, then as they get to know the person, they forget about it.

PS I was quite small when I was a child, and I hated being seen as cute. :D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

'Tis true, my brother was a skinny little runt for a long long time. Come the age of 15 and he started sprouting and sprouting and sprouting. He's now 6'2" and just as broad :lol: :lol:
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

He doesn't personally mind being small and it never has bothered him, but it doesn't stop people picking on him constantly :twisted:

Yet interestingly DS2 who is only 4 is even shorter only touching the 0.4th centile and already he is sad and telling me how he is the smallest child in his whole school :lol:

I hope you're right and I will cling onto him possibly growing at 15/16 :D

DD who's also 0.4th centile and 7yrs is adored by everyone we ever meet for being so dinky so no problem's there :D
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

arealfarmer wrote:
Midget Man wrote:My Midget get's picked on practically on a daily basis because of his height, then start calling him useless or patting him on the head being nasty.
You need to teach him how to knee them in the n*ts ! :D

A friend of mine who is 6' 2" went all through senior school as the smallest ( and evidenced by recent facebook school photos - very small ) I think it was post 16 that he started growing .
You have the same idea's as my OH :D
Sally Herts

Post by Sally Herts »

Well, MM, we have some hope. Either that, or we move to Japan. :D
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now