AARRGGHH!! My DS is showing signs of being a talented artist

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

:lol:

Amber m'dear,

Maybe your artistic channel has just never been tapped? It's there inside you somewhere, screaming to be released. You may have an epiphany when you least expect it!

You must have more art in you than my late sister, who couldn't even draw a line using a ruler without messing it up!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

inkypinkyponky wrote: Well, sherry_d, that's a very dangly carrot!

What on earth do you do?
I faff around on the internet dipping my fingers wherever I can. No wonder I am always on this forum :oops: I do affiliate marketing - in brief I create my own websites and promote other people's stuff, so it could be anything really :oops: I try and keep it clean :lol: I have written my own ebook on fertility issues that I sell online. Please dont ask for it, its too embarassing to share with anyone who vaguely knows me :roll:
Impossible is Nothing.
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Cats12 wrote:[quote="inkypinkyponkyHaving recently discoverd water-mixable oils that don't need turps or white spirit, I'm like a pig in clover, rediscovering my arty side and turning out paintings like there's no tomorrow, on canvases that only cost 99p in the local 99p shop. :lol:
My walls in need of some 'art' - wish I lived near you :)[/quote]

Cats12 (have you really got that many?! :lol: ),

Why not create something yourself? The inside of cereal boxes are lovely to paint on, (but not those with any embossing on them.) Use some household paint and your fingers, or icing/palette knives if brushes make you nervous. Even something small looks fab in a frame, which also cost 99p in the local shop. So something to put on your wall can be made very cheaply, but can be unique and be fun to do.
Go now, raid your cupboard for a cereal box and get creative!
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Oo, sherry_d, that sounds very technical, i wouldn't know where to start! Well done you, writing an ebook, your services are obviously required :shock:

:wink:
Amber

Post by Amber »

inkypinkyponky wrote::lol:

Amber m'dear,

Maybe your artistic channel has just never been tapped? It's there inside you somewhere, screaming to be released. You may have an epiphany when you least expect it!
Well it is very well hidden then. There are things inside me screaming to be released but they are things like a desire to spend a month on a desert island away from DC and OH and OPC (other people's children). Or to spend all day lying in bed listening to Radio 4. Is that art?

I do not have the energy for an epiphany!
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Amber wrote: There are things inside me screaming to be released but they are things like a desire to spend a month on a desert island away from DC and OH and OPC (other people's children). Or to spend all day lying in bed listening to Radio 4. Is that art?
Yes, definitely art! You now just need to create these feelings in a 2-d or 3-d imagining. Remember Tracey Emin's bed? Go, Amber, go, you can do it!
Amber

Post by Amber »

I certainly remember Tracey Emin's income for said bed, and it does compare favourably with my rather erratic one currently. Maybe there is something in this art lark...I shall take to my bed and think about it.
jingle

Post by jingle »

I can supply an expired sheep or similar if someone else provides the tank and fluidy stuff to put it in. We could split the profits!
Oh wait.... I think someones already thought of that! :)
Amber

Post by Amber »

What about some dirty socks I found under DS's bed yesterday? I am sure someone on here has something similar they could add?

Hey, maybe I do have an artistic streak after all.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I could do some modern art: Overflowing bin, mouldy food in fridge, balls of dust which resemble tumbleweed on the floor, fingerprints on the glass as the sun streams through...

I take commissions... :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now