Blue peter, sticky backed plastic and brown paper covers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

Do any of you remember having to go to the loos to collect the tracing paper for lessons? Seems quite barbaric now.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

slackmum wrote:Do any of you remember having to go to the loos to collect the tracing paper for lessons? Seems quite barbaric now.
So that's what they were used for! :o Certainly weren't good for much else ...
marigold

Post by marigold »

I always get a twinge of nostalgia when I see Izal Medicated in the supermarket. I think every project I ever did at school involved using a few sheets of the stuff to trace a map or a Roman urn or a picture of a hedgehog.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Almost went into raptures when DS2 bought Roger Red Hat home for reading followed by the Village with Three Corners (?) when he was in Year 1 (now Yr3) so not that long ago.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

I went to a convent school and we all had to cover our books in brown paper so that there would be no competition. My mum loved covering books so she did ours which is why I cannot come to grips with sticky back plastic and wish it never been invented!!
Amber

Post by Amber »

doodles wrote:Almost went into raptures when DS2 bought Roger Red Hat home for reading followed by the Village with Three Corners (?) when he was in Year 1 (now Yr3) so not that long ago.
You need to get out more :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now