No I can't stand it.......!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moved

Post by moved »

Snowdrops wrote:One good reason to encourage the use of kitchen paper instead of tissue - it doesn't break up in the washer!! Don't listen to the kids protests that it hurts their noses, if they emptied their pockets (and turned their clothes the right way round, pulled their sleeves out properly, undid their buttons, pulled their socks out and took their pants out of their jeans/trousers) you wouldn't impose such draconian measures :shock: :lol: :lol:
You've met my son then.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I am a bit of a witch...
When I find a tissue in my son's pocket I make him come upstairs to empty it. As soon as he goes back down again I call him up to take out another and on it goes. Even better if he's watching a favourite TV programme! :D
Unfortunately, it's not having the desired effect; he finds my childish behaviour rather amusing.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I just ask my dc to do their own washing - they have become more careful about tissues. So just DH to train!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

It's shirt buttons left done up the really cheese me off! Oh, and clothes still folded or socks still in pairs that I KNOW haven't been worn. It's a case of child deciding whether it's quicker to hang it up/put it away or post it straight back into the laundry basket...
moved

Post by moved »

Golly DS lives in so many of your houses!
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Ed's mum wrote:It's shirt buttons left done up the really cheese me off! Oh, and clothes still folded or socks still in pairs that I KNOW haven't been worn. It's a case of child deciding whether it's quicker to hang it up/put it away or post it straight back into the laundry basket...
This happens in my house too :(
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

One trouser leg inside out. Pants still in trousers inside out and yes all of last weeks washing back in the basket again.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

The usual - loo seat up, loo roll not replaced. You get the picture.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Oh and the way they walk past anything put on the stairs for them to take up with them (for months on end if they were allowed to get away with it) :evil:
magwich2

Post by magwich2 »

What gets me are the doorbins in the car - fullof half chewed sweets, empty water bottles('cos they cannot move 500 yds without water!) tissues and hopeful letters sent home from school in the vain hope I would get to read them!!