Sport Lingo

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Freya wrote: Second rows - Chelmsford Mum & Sally-Ann (to impose discipline)
Here I am, thinking maybe I will look at this thread , rather than doing what I should be :oops: , but it is about sport so probably won't interest me and here I am. Nice to be picked for a team but I am in my fourth decade now. :(

Not sure about imposing discipline....... :? :D
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Number 8 - Snowdrops (has to be a bit naughty / get down and dirty)

Scrum Half - Tipsy (lol) (this position notoriously gobby / argumentative, sorry couldn't resist!)
Mouth wide open! :shock: Not at the former - tres acurate, but moi? :butterwouldn'tmeltemoticon:
Freya

Post by Freya »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I think CM may be better at being a referree as she's a bit of a mouse to inflict discipline. :lol:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:I think CM may be better at being a referree as she's a bit of a mouse to inflict discipline. :lol:
A mouse - hah ! I can be very stern you know so watch yourself.......
Freya

Post by Freya »

Hmmm maybe, but she does seem quite strict! Ok, CM to referee so we need another nomination for second row and don't forget we have yet to select one flanker, one winger and the team hooker!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

You need to find a position for LLL and then there are the silent share holders.The ones who are super talented but never boast such as FTB! :wink:
Freya

Post by Freya »

LLL can be the number 6 (blindside flanker) apparently they are all a bit LLL

CM wants to be a hooker so we may need to find another Ref

Is FTB nippy and fast or tall and imposing? Wing or 2nd row?

* We will begin with a nice run round the pitches at 6:00am in the morning!
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Props - Rob & Mike (need real men in there)
Funnily enough I did start off as a prop being short and, shall we say, ‘stocky’ :lol: Hated it so didn’t play for a couple of years until one day someone happened to notice I was blindingly quick (over a very short distance) because I played top-class squash, and my new rugby career as a wing began, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Freya, DS should go for open-side, IMHO, much more high-profile and the most dynamic position on the pitch.
Freya

Post by Freya »

Wow Rob - prop to wing! Just goes to show that anything can happen in rugby! Squash is a very fast and furious sport isn't it? I used to play at a very very low level but I do believe it is THE very best activity for developing a nice pert set of gluteus maximus!

DS actually loves playing openside but we've been reading somewhere that the modern interpretation of a blindside is to be allowed freedom to roam and be creative rather than the more traditional and constrained tackle machine. DS plays a natural number 7 game coupled with the philosophy that 'if it moves, tackle it'. Sometimes they play him at 7, sometimes at 6. I do sometimes think that at the moment he's a bit small to be playing at 6 against some of the regional teams whose forwards are often taller than the ref! He is a very destructive tackler though.

Thanks for your thoughts!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now