Appeal from a jaded cook

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

doodles

Post by doodles »

You can get the wonder-flour here - it's called Sauce Flour (original that) and I last got it in the orange supermarket. It's brilliant just stir in no roux's or anything nec - I first saw it via Saint Delia.

If you have say 20 minutes to prepare and want something to put in the oven and ignore for a few hours. Then try slow braised lamb.

Put leg of lamb on bed of root veg in roasting tin, - with garlic and rosemary, pour over bottle of red wine, cover with foil and ignore in a low oven for about four hours. I do this and then go out and watch a match/do the gardening and hey presto dinner is cooked. Just some mashed spud and veg from the freezer and it's done.

Sauce in the bottom is nice too :lol: :wink:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
zorro

Post by zorro »

Sounds lovely, but I'd rather drink the wine!! :lol:
Sauce in the bottom........? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tense

Post by tense »

My DS is shaping up nicely to be a carbon copy of the OH in Shirley Valentine ("it's Thursday, we always have steak & chips on a Thursday"). On the plus side, this means my dull, repetitive menus are appreciated!

We always have a roast on Sunday, slow cooked casserole on Tuesday - our longest day (I use a timer to avoid the 12 hr overcooking scenario) & DS gets pizza on Friday & the rest of us have homemade curry. The other days are no more inspirational!!

I hate thinking about what to eat!! :cry:
Milla

Post by Milla »

that's like that film, "If it's Tuesday, this must be Belgium," remembered for its title alone.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

tense wrote:I use a timer to avoid the 12 hr overcooking scenario
I went right off oven timers the day our oven caught fire. Luckily I happened to be looking right at it when it happened!

Mike