Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:58 am 

ho ho remembering as I do the days of the 1964 election and banks of analysts sitting there ready with their slide rules.... I have been having fun with the widgets on the Beeb site

Yesterdays polls give C 34% Lab 28% Lib 28% Oth Bar

The seats they get for this are:

C 269
L 268
Lib 84
Other 29.

Interesting that you can get 6% diff in vote and almost same seats or the same percent of votes and 3 times the seats...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:01 am 
It goes all over my head! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:14 am 

I too find it strange, its funny how labour can be last and yet still have a chance, but how close is it to the real thing? We'll have to wait till Thurs night/Fri morning to find out :shock: Like to stay up to watch it all happen, but have to work on Friday, so not sure I will be able to :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:22 am 

I'm working all thursday night so for once will have to stay up - quite looking forward to it.

Assume the swingometer must be adjusted for the quirks of constiuencies as otherwise it would be a straight 34:28:28:bar split

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:30 am 
Was thinking of being really sad and thought of letting DS board on Thursday so I could stay up all night but then I forgot my other son had is 4 day Exeat and I have to drive 140+ miles early on Friday morning. Darn children! :roll: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:31 am 

Yes and I think boundary changes since previous elections have had an impact because by the looks of it we'd have had a few hung parliaments in recent times had they been like this previously.

Errrm, Herm, though if you're working night shift, you may not be able to see too much ? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:32 am 

T.i.p.s.y wrote:
Was thinking of being really sad and thought of letting DS board on Thursday so I could stay up all night but then I forgot my other son had is 4 day Exeat and I have to drive 140+ miles early on Friday morning. Darn children! :roll: :wink:

Oh, shame :cry: , can't he get the train ? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:43 am 

Looking for help wrote:
Yes and I think boundary changes since previous elections have had an impact because by the looks of it we'd have had a few hung parliaments in recent times had they been like this previously.

Errrm, Herm, though if you're working night shift, you may not be able to see too much ? :lol:

Fortunately the night shift tends to calm down after 0100 and it will be much more interesting than the usual night time telly / internet browsing / or learned book I usually try and read :roll: .

Some constituencies are fascinating eg Skipton and Ripon have absolutely nothing to do with each other - (they are about 30 miles apart ) part dfrom having the only GSs in North Yorks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:55 am 

excuse me while I drag over this soapbox and prepare my proportional representation rant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:00 am 
I was surprised to find the other week that in my beloved sink estate I grew up in, 6% vote Tories - bear in mind this is Scotland. Where were you guys when I needed you most in my formative years...we could have been soul mates...and I may have stayed! :shock: