musings on Swingometers and slide rules

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

yoyo123 wrote:excuse me while I drag over this soapbox and prepare my proportional representation rant
I'll get you the microphone

I like Proportional Rep ... it would mean my vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party might really count (except we haven't got a candidate!!) - I'll have to vote for the Virtue Currency Cognitive Appraisal Party instead ... if only I could understand the election flyer :roll:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

yoyo123 wrote:excuse me while I drag over this soapbox and prepare my proportional representation rant
yoyo that is where we are heading, no party wants to commit to paying down the deficit and paying back the debt (politicians please note deficit and debt are different!)

Who ever wins the poisoned chalice, I wish them luck. :shock:

steve
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

hermanmunster wrote: I'll have to vote for the Virtue Currency Cognitive Appraisal Party instead ... if only I could understand the election flyer :roll:

:shock: I see what you mean, I have just been trying to read the manifesto and am now totallyconfused.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

The candidate (aged 95) is sharing his leaflet with the youth party candidate (aged 18 ).

I love the bit about .... "until money is abolished we would be grateful for donations to offset the ccst of the campaign"

item 18 from the manifesto:
18. Hence just another of many reasons Why Money should be Abolished So its Non-Existence as such, Does Not contaminate advanced Planning or Futuristic Thinking. Teaching these Differences Should become standard practices, and must also become the Core upon which all Intended Projects are based, and as such the Results must also Then become exposed to the Public Who are likely to be affected By the results, as Cognitive Appraisals’ where all affected Expose their opinions in agreed composited language, and then get the For, Against and Irrelevant Value of their Notions numerically voted upon. Just as in Our Physical Bodies We have lungs, hearts stomachs etc, which We never need to be Aware of unless they do Not Function, so also in our brain chemistry We also have that ‘Go/No-Go’ computer type separating process of ‘Differences between ‘Me-as-separate-from-from-Not/Me’ as a mental tool for being Aware of that Difference, but again Only when provoked into Being Aware ! Now, the Fault with all Governmental and other Planning, is that with the Help of Public Relations Professional Liars, (as standard practice usually promoted By Those with the Money Who Can Do so); currently all future Planning gets put in the hands of Politician-Type Self Enhancers selected particularly For their Lack-of Intelligence and least likelihood to anticipate and become Provoked By Futuristic Consequences, especially those to do with Adversity ! Like the American Finance Industry setting-up the Security Industry to Do the Hugely Lucrative 9/11 New York Towers catastrophe, Nothing could Be more Insulting to such People and Their Professions to suggest that They just Did Not know this from Top-Down ! And the same also applies to those in the War Industry Who set Up Wars as Organised Violence !
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Well they've convinced me.
rachag

Post by rachag »

OH and I also musing on figures translated into votes. Has anyone else tried the votes percentage to seats calculator on BBC web site? Entertaining for 5 mins if you are bored.
William Hill and Ladbrokes also worth perusing. I believe that the betting shops are better at predicting results than pollsters - they make their money from it obv - and pollsters v crude in translating percentage to total seats when really it is only relevant in the marginals. Interesting that last time I looked, every Tory marginal gave odds to them winning the seat.
On election night, will swap between BBC and Sky coverage. I find Sky fun as so much more sensationalist in its approach :lol: :lol:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8663387.stm

talking of slide rules Herman...

I love the man colouring in the results!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now