Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Conservatives care about the environment more! :wink:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Very disappointed here too with lack of interest from the Tories, assuming their seat is so safe that they do not need to canvass. Letters to my two oldest children now able to vote from the Lib Dems got a mixed response from them, one delighted to be addressed personally, the other felt it was patronising to say the least. Labour, don't even know the guy's name. However for all their efforts or lack, it won't chnage my vote :lol:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

We haven't seen anything from the Conservatives either!!

As I said on another thread this is a very strong LibDem seat - maybe they feel it's not worthwhile and are only targeting Labour seats or those which are more marginal???????

I shall still vote Conservative though - and I might wing off an email to voice my opinions on the lack of canvassing around here!
mad?

Post by mad? »

marigold wrote:Page 8 of The Guardian this morning tells me to vote tactically in Chelmsford, so I will.

I totally agree with CM. Lib Dems not my choice nationally but they are the only opposition here . I have had enough fliers to fill my recycling sack in a week from Lib Dem but the Tories, who are possibly so arrogant that they feel their vote is safe, or they have missed my road from their propaganda machine, have delivered only two . One from Labour, nuff said.
How exciting to be in a marginal. Where we are my vote counts for nothing (courtesy of our electoral system). That said we had great excitement when we had a by election a few years back. The Tories 'parachuted' in a celebrity as their candidate, he turned out to be a massive labour party donor and the local party got rather cheesed off. Labour were no better, they had a highly acrimonious candidate selection which resulted in labour councillors crossing the floor to the Tories (all about religion if I remember rightly), one of these former labour councillors is now our Tory candidate (said celeb having taking his ballhome in a huff). Either way I feel completely disenfranchised. :evil:
mad?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

LFH, my son as received several personal pleas from LDs, only problem he isn;t eligible to vote for another 8 months..
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

So let me get this right. The Lib Dem's are against our civil liberties being eroded but will search the databases to find out our names so they can send us a personal message? :?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

That'd be right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Looking for help

yoyo123 wrote:LFH, my son as received several personal pleas from LDs, only problem he isn;t eligible to vote for another 8 months..
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Looking for help

T.i.p.s.y wrote:So let me get this right. The Lib Dem's are against our civil liberties being eroded but will search the databases to find out our names so they can send us a personal message? :?
Scarey, hadn't thought of that :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now