What time will you vote?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mad?

what time will you vote?

Post by mad? »

I am waiting in for a delivery at the moment. It was due yesterday and is now due 'first thing this moring'...at this rate I may well not get to vote at all :evil: :evil:
mad?
MittenKitty

Post by MittenKitty »

voted at 8am on the way to work - quite a long queue so I hope that means turn out is high. Absolutely believe we should all exercise our right to vote - whatever direction that's in - we're lucky we can do so freely

just wish the results came in a bit sooner - I have a 9am client meeting tomorrow so cant stay up super late and nothing really exciting happens until 3am onwards. Am thinking of maybe watching the build up until about 12 to get the atmosphere and then getting up at 6ish to catch up on it all before I have to leave. Will take laptop home so I can see if other 11 plusers are watching as well.

I like the idea of taking the chidlren - wish I'd done that - DD is very interested and I've found the whole process of explaining it all to her has made me think about it more and make sure I'm reasonably well informed. And of course my explanations have been entirely unbiased :wink:
cappucino

Post by cappucino »

I'll be voting this evening, taking the kids along. We've always made a little family outing of it ! It seems a good idea as they have been involved and interested from an early age.

The only problem can be when you leave and those guys outside ask for your number, a cheerful little voice pips up 'you don't need the number, they didn't vote for you anyway' :oops:
Milla

Post by Milla »

we do the same, cappucino - will trot along when OH back from work. Kids not allowed in, though, or haven't been in previous years. Have to loiter in the hall.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:I understand why postal voting happens but I think that in certain communities women, in particular, are made to vote via postal vote so that their husbands can dictate who they vote for. Unless proof can be obtained why a postal vote is necessary then I think everyone else should vote in a polling station.
We have a postal vote! We have never voted for the same party (the Tory so-and-so that he is - see chalk and cheese can mix!) and I had to talk him through the instructions. I had great fun pretending that I'd got him to spoil his own vote. :lol:
chad

Post by chad »

Voted at 9am this morning (after the school run)
DH is taking Ds along this evening. DH has only ever voted once (years ago) and he is 47. Ds has talked him into voting ....... the reason - Ds said that he would love to be able to vote and this time it could make a difference.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I was done and dusted by 7.20 a.m this morning. Had early club at school so did it on the way there. I was surprised at how busy it was and how many more people there were about when I drove to work this morning. Perhaps the country has been galvanised into action.

I had threatened to colour in my voting paper but in the end I was a good girl and voted properly.

Oddly there was no Green party candidate here or at least I didn't see one - perhaps I was still asleep!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

just have....
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Just voted. We have local council elections as well here so voted twice. :D :D
Maybelle

What time will you vote?

Post by Maybelle »

Ditto... Two votes here too :) Fingers crossed it goes the right way (That's my way, of course)...