Cambo's speech

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Amber

Post by Amber »

mike1880 wrote:I've posted a poll...

Re: my reference to "Squealer" Balls which appears to have confused one or two people: it's a literary reference. 1) Watch a clip of Balls on TV. 2) Look him in the eye. Not around the eyes, look him in the eye (as they say). 3) Which 20th century novel are you now thinking of?

Mike
I assume you mean me, confused of Gloucestershire? Missed the literary reference and thought you were referring only to his porcine appearance and output.
Flamenco

Post by Flamenco »

Post deleted by Flamenco
mad?

Post by mad? »

mike1880 wrote:I've posted a poll...

Re: my reference to "Squealer" Balls which appears to have confused one or two people: it's a literary reference. 1) Watch a clip of Balls on TV. 2) Look him in the eye. Not around the eyes, look him in the eye (as they say). 3) Which 20th century novel are you now thinking of?

Mike
I tried this last night. I'm sorry if I am being think but it is bugging me. Do you mean Animal Farm? If not please tell. Must say it reminded me for that scene from Deliverance 'I'm gong to make you squeal like a pig...' with the negotiations going on stage left to the tune of the duelling banjos which, given the reduced gene pool of some of the candidates would not be entirely inappropriate... :lol:
mad?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Yes, it's Animal Farm - I can never watch Ed Balls on TV without being reminded of it. Squealer is the mouthpiece of Napoleon and the first of the pigs to walk on two legs.

Mike
mad?

Post by mad? »

Marvellous, thanks, my main memory of Animal Farm is crying inconsolably because Boxer got sent to the knackers yard...main message inevitably lost on me. Still at least I knew never to read Black Beauty!
mad?
Milla

Post by Milla »

or The Belstone Fox. Tragic.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Tarka the Otter?
mad?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Watership Down? You've read the book, now try the stew...
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: