The Perfect Tory Cabinet (Labourites not welcome) ;)

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Loopyloulou wrote:Viscount Trenchard (Standon Lordship Manor) - Armed Forces Minister
Lord Montagu of Beaulieu (Beaulieu) - Minister of Transport
Duke of Montrose (Auchmar Estate) - Scottish Affairs Minister
Earl of Arran - Deputy
Lord Attlee - Minister without Portfolio (just to rub it in :D )
That's more like it! 8) :lol:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Even though Tipsy is trying to kick me off her thread :( I'm not going :D

I didn't vote Tory,(shock to you all I know) because I am passionate about trying to give everyone some kind of opportunity in life.It doesn't bother me really if David Cameron has a big house or Ruth Kelly.Realistically if we want to attract the best candidates for M.Ps in all parties , you would hope they would be educated and motivated people who are likely to have big earning potential.
It only bothers me when people "feather their own nest" and then reduce opportunity/life chances for everyone else.Hard work should be fairly rewarded.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Chelmsford mum wrote:Hard work should be fairly rewarded.
Thats more like Tory then CM :wink:
Impossible is Nothing.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

It only bothers me when people "feather their own nest" and then reduce opportunity/life chances for everyone else.Hard work should be fairly rewarded.
Spoken like a true conservative! :D Maybe you need to listen to yourself a bit more CM! :lol:
mystery

Post by mystery »

Why shouldn't she move house to get her children into a state school she likes? Plenty of people would if they could afford it. New Labour does not claim to be Communist in its ideals does it? The run-down abode in Wapping had a pretty heft price tag - can't be that bad there can it?

Hope Tipsy does not ban me from this thread for saying this in case it makes me sound leftward leaning.

The thing that scares me about supporting the Tories (which I did this time) is some of the old party faithfuls round here ...... shocked when their prospective parliamentary candidates were women with young children ("should be at home looking after them") and "council estate made good", or heaven help us, black.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

sherry_d wrote:
Chelmsford mum wrote:Hard work should be fairly rewarded.
Thats more like Tory then CM :wink:
You and Tipsy are working together I see... :lol:
If the conservatives wanted to fairly reward hard work, they wouldn't have abolished the Minimum Wage. they wouldn't have set out to utterly crush Trade Unions and they wouldn't seek to give the biggest tax breaks to the rich.
Not my idea of fair.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

mystery wrote: " Tory.... shocked when prospective candidates were council estate made good",
That leaves me out then and you Tipsy...and many others :(
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

deleted
Last edited by Loopyloulou on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loopy
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Loopyloulou wrote:
mystery wrote:...... shocked when their prospective parliamentary candidates were women with young children ("should be at home looking after them")
...and so they should!
Shouldn't they be at boarding school ?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Hey CM, you are on thin ice here....re boarding school! :evil:

So there are lots of things old Tories have done wrong but at least look at their mainfesto and see the good they want to do. The gap between richer and poorer has widened under Labour so it's not working. When those on benefits have to get off their butts and join society that gap will close!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now