What A Stab In The Back!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

The kitchen cabinet met last night....

The conclusion?

That the party who take power now will be intensely unpopular after the next 18-24 months (it's the economy stupid) and will not be re elected for a generation.

so - bearing that in mind, which negotiations do you want to succeed?
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

Chelmsford mum, i agree Oliver letwin and george osborne are not vote winners, but neither is ed balls or the milliband brothers, and that's why people voted for nick clegg and his party.

I don;t think Brown was in the least bit honourable in effectively resigning - it would have been a pre-condition to formal talks with labour that gordon goes - Clegg made it clear all along that he would not work with gordon.
Gordon will have had great pressure exerted on him from his party - in particular mandleson - to step down 'for the sake of the party', in reality, for the sake of mandleson and ed balls and the rest as they want to stay in power. Balls will want to be PM
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Chelmsford mum wrote:
............... as it seems to me ,whoever forms this Govt will have a short and messy term of office.To that extent I hope it's the Conservatives.
and I hope it's the Labourites :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Cats12 wrote:Chelmsford mum, i agree Oliver letwin and george osborne are not vote winners, but neither is ed balls or the milliband brothers, and that's why people voted for nick clegg and his party.
I am not struck on Millibands but believe it or not, they are very popular :? within the party and have not made the gaffes that the two tories we are talking about have.(yet :lol: ) Not my cup of tea, but not in the same league of being exposed and derided in the press like G.O and O.L
I am sorry but I don't follow your argument about the 52 seats that the lib dems received (a reduced amount) being due to the Millibands. :?

My point about the Tories was not actually some kind of dig at them.I genuinely believe that the tory party doesn't see that it is still fighting the legacy of fear left by the Thatcher govt.When they allow those types that epitomise "Thatcherism all over again "centre stage, it puzzles me.It doesn't do them any good at a time like this.

Anyway off to work so not ignoring any subsequent replies.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Snowdrops wrote:
Chelmsford mum wrote:
............... as it seems to me ,whoever forms this Govt will have a short and messy term of office.To that extent I hope it's the Conservatives.
and I hope it's the Labourites :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:P :P :P
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Chelmsford mum wrote: I am not struck on Millibands but believe it or not, they are very popular :? within the party and have not made the gaffes that the two tories we are talking about have.[/size]
Just like Gordon and they will suffer the same fate. :D
Impossible is Nothing.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

sherry_d wrote:
Chelmsford mum wrote: I am not struck on Millibands but believe it or not, they are very popular :? within the party and have not made the gaffes that the two tories we are talking about have.[/size]
Just like Gordon and they will suffer the same fate. :D
I really should go now but you know Sherry, GB wasn't that popular in the party.Everyone in the party just thought that surely the Tories, even the tories, after 13 years in opposition would swoop to victory and so Gordon could stay until the next leader emerged.
He was seen as the Pm who would be at the helm when the Tories won a majority (which didn't happen - just in case you all needed reminding) - not ever seen as their long term leader.
really must go
:D
Sassie'sDad

Nick Clegg et all

Post by Sassie'sDad »

I think the stinking fish of the last 24 hours shows what utter rot was talked as a result of those tawdry head to head programmes leading up to the election. So the political mould is broken by the 'new boy on the block' who has left the old politics behind - NOT! This new boy with something of the patina of Blair about him is only one of the same group of MPs who rang up large sums in the 'expense scandal' There are very good reasons the Liberals have not been anywhere near government since the wartime coalition and IMO it is nothing to do with First Past the Post.
Yesterday, (I think it was) Ashdown was smilingly approving of the LD/Con talks and scathing of GB saying he was not collegiate. This morning on Radio4 he spent twenty minutes explaining why he would favour Liberal Democrats entering an arrangement with Labour as a new (minority) government!
I think Clegg has put himself in danger of looking duplicitous and that is because of Steel, Ashdown, Williams and Adonis/Mandleson.
If this process is about Democracy or anything other than Political Self interest then I am a China-man. I hope the market lacerates the pound: it might then focus the politicians and the public on what a **** mess we are in! Bring on the next election and keep the polls open until every voter has had their say!!!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Ha! ... and so the LibDems go back to the Tories to further talks with them.

Brilliant line from David Blunkett .... "Can we trust the Liberal Democrats?" Mr Blunkett asked. "They’re behaving like every harlot in history."
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Or from a less biased perspective, like some who's trying to make an important decision in a sensible way?

Mike
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now