He is gone yes yes yes..........

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sherry_d

He is gone yes yes yes..........

Post by sherry_d »

Yes Gordon Brown finally gave in and he is gone, to say I am thrilled is an understatement. He wont be missed by me. :D :D :D
Impossible is Nothing.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I don't have anything against him really - he is just a man with all his goodness and faults. I am glad Labour are out though.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Actually thought he made a very good speech and was very dignified.

Not sure what will happen now - am pretty sure there will be another election very soon though.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

I know that I risk ridicule and crowing by even posting this, being in a small minority on here.... :lol:

I have shed a tear watching it - what diginity and grace in his speech(whatever you all think).The cruel , personal press the man has to endure, a failed attempt to label him a bully, comments about his eyesight and looks..shame on the Tory controlled press.

Truth be told , beyond the emotion, I am glad it is a Con/Lib coalition because it will be shaky and difficult.Labour needed a new leader too.We will return. :lol:

Tipsy, Snowdrops et al - I was 9 when Mrs T came to power, I grew up in a very deprived and poor area. It seemed to me and those around me, that the Conservatives cared only for the rich and showed utter contempt for the poor and the working classes and the public services they depended on.I saw my own family and community suffer terribly under them, whilst their leader famously pronounced - "there is no such thing as society."

I really, really, really, really hope that they have some compassion and sense of social justice now.Thank God they didn't get a majority and I pray the libdems will show them how to care for the overall public good, not just their rich buddies and old school friends.

Let us see....... :?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I too was a child of Thatcher and in the last 13 years I have seen standards in every area of society fall. The press are crass and will try and prize the coalition apart because they are a pernicious force in this society. I wait to see what the Labour press have in store for Cameron.
Miss Magwich

Post by Miss Magwich »

Chelmsford mum wrote:I know that I risk ridicule and crowing by even posting this, being in a small minority on here.... :lol:

I have shed a tear watching it - what diginity and grace in his speech(whatever you all think).The cruel , personal press the man has to endure, a failed attempt to label him a bully, comments about his eyesight and looks..shame on the Tory controlled press.

Truth be told , beyond the emotion, I am glad it is a Con/Lib coalition because it will be shaky and difficult.Labour needed a new leader too.We will return. :lol:

Tipsy, Snowdrops et al - I was 9 when Mrs T came to power, I grew up in a very deprived and poor area. It seemed to me and those around me, that the Conservatives cared only for the rich and showed utter contempt for the poor and the working classes and the public services they depended on.I saw my own family and community suffer terribly under them, whilst their leader famously pronounced - "there is no such thing as society."

I really, really, really, really hope that they have some compassion and sense of social justice now.Thank God they didn't get a majority and I pray the libdems will show them how to care for the overall public good, not just their rich buddies and old school friends.

Let us see....... :?

Sorry, would reply...but I'm too busy drinking Champagne :)

(Thought the children were really sweet though)
:) Miss Magwich :)
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:I too was a child of Thatcher and in the last 13 years I have seen standards in every area of society fall. The press are crass and will try and prize the coalition apart because they are a pernicious force in this society. I wait to see what the Labour press have in store for Cameron.
Tipsy, all due respect we are a decade apart. :shock: You were a Tot when Mrs T got in.You wouldn't have been aware of the worst of it being such a wee bairn and didn't you vote labour in ?

And what labour press..... oh yes one paper compared to all of theirs.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

She saw me through my formitive years and I hated her as did every Scot. The new Tory party is not trying to be like Thatcher and harping back to the past is not progressive - must be the Celt in you! :wink:

For those that want the coalition to be shaky and a disaster then I find that apalling. Ruin the country so Labour can get back in? Surely we should want whatever party is in to save this country from all the current problems? :?

But, for what it's worth I shed a tear too at his speech.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:She saw me through my formitive years and I hated her as did every Scot. The new Tory party is not trying to be like Thatcher and harping back to the past is not progressive - must be the Celt in you! :wink:

For those that want the coalition to be shaky and a disaster then I find that apalling. Ruin the country so Labour can get back in? Surely we should want whatever party is in to save this country from all the current problems? :?

But, for what it's worth I shed a tear too at his speech.
I don't want it to be..really I don't.I just think it will be.

And I still think you were virtually just tasting solids when the iron lady was at her worst. I just fear that the tories are most accurately reflected by the worst of the comments that are made on this forum.
I hope your faith is even a little founded Tipsy, for the sake of the needy, that others in this forum flee from. :(
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

Chelmsford mum wrote:
And what labour press..... oh yes one paper compared to all of theirs.
Excuse me but that is a total fabrication from Mandelson et al.... The Guardian, The Mirror, The Financial Times, most local press, The Star, The Observer, but worst of all the tv stations - ITV, Channel 4 & the BBC who are so blatantly biased its obscene & they run most of the radio stations!! They are all left wing. Right wing is just The Times, Telegraph, Mail, Sun & Sky (but dont tell Adam Boulton or he might blow a gasket) - hardly the majority.

Hmph - I vowed to stay out of the political threads :(