Oh dearie me...: (

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Hi 'Chelmsford mum' ... you did the right thing, you wrote a calm, succinct response. Don't worry x x x
Heartmum x x x
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Personally I really hope my daughter makes new friends and cut ties with old friends from her primary when she moves to High School. :wink:

So if any opportunity like this ever happens, God knows what that child would have gotten from me and no-one from the old school would ever talk to her again. You were very dignified as always CM :D
Impossible is Nothing.
Freya

Post by Freya »

CM - Try to relax, you did the right thing and in a very reasonable way.

Your DD is a lucky girl to have you as her Mum!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Freya wrote:CM - Try to relax, you did the right thing and in a very reasonable way.
Thanks everyone. I will relax....well try. :oops:
Off topic but Freya, why can I never see your signature picture. I can see everyone else's. is it something shocking...... :shock:
Can everyone else see it?
rachag

Post by rachag »

I can't see the dog either.
Thought it was just my poor computer skills.
And I am still on GMT here but that will sort itself out in a few months :roll:
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

rachag wrote:.
And I am still on GMT here but that will sort itself out in a few months :roll:
You sort this out yourself by going into your profile :)
rachag

Post by rachag »

Thanks TM
Gman

Post by Gman »

You were correct. I post on my daughters account "Parent is reading your replies" when some of her friends use terrible languauge or the posts start to drift to territory which it should not do.

Last week, I answered a sales call from the network 3 to DD phone, that "owner of this phone is under 18, and as such this number should be removed immediately".

If they persist I will log a compliant but hopefully as they will action request.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Hi CM,
Just repeating that I think you did the right thing - i wanted to show you my support. Absolutely what I would have done myself - if I was brave enough to do it.

The fact that the issue got resolved in a matter of seconds shows that it was a good move for your DD and perhaps the other girl too. She needs to know that it is "not on" to treat others like that.

Well Done!
nell

Post by nell »

I had a similar situation on facebook . Late one night was watching a conversation :oops: that started with an innocent post about my DD'spet having died. The comments began with mickey taking about that fact to which my DD responded "Please don't be so mean' which of course led to further abuse and on it went. When it reached 40 comments, I decided to plough on in and join the conversation with a "That's enough now - you've gone too far" The child in question was mortified and I received an immed iate apology from him and one other involved. MYy DD also had an apology. I was really worried that she would be mad with me for interfering but she was actually delighted. The boy also sent an email to my DS along the lines of "please say sorry yo your Mum" I know that it won't happen again. I fretted for about 15 comments before I plucked up the courage to defend my DD . Why do we worry so much about standing up to these people.

CM you did absolutely the right thing so feel good about it!