Presents for teachers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KS10

Re: Presents for teachers

Post by KS10 »

We tried to organise a collection (50p was suggested with the maximum being £1) but we had just four takers. We assumed that either the parents / pupils didn't want to give anything or wanted to get their own. Maybe state schools are different. Where I work (state secondary) if presents are given they tend to be chocolates or wine.
bestpossibleoutcome

Post by bestpossibleoutcome »

I hope I'm not in breach of anything by posting the following quote I found elsewhere,

"I got given a size 22 top (I'm a 10/12) - when I looked slightly bemused at the girl in question she looked at me and said - I hope I got the right size - age 22? - so at least her heart was in the right place (I was about 28 at the time and quite chuffed). The following year in a different school I got given a pack of self help books - not too bad until I got them out to look at (in front of the class) and realised one was the Karma Sutra!!!!"

:lol: BPO
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I read that thread too. Wanted to post the link but didn't know how to. It was quite interesting reading some of the reactions.
ian35mm

Post by ian35mm »

One of my partner's kids gave her the childs favourite books, but they were a bit tatty after being read a few times. One bought her chocolates, but got so frustrated wth trying to wrap them, he had to open the box and try one to calm himself down.

As for the rest, teddies, choccies, wine and flowers were popular.

As for me; well I got wine, cinema tickets, a gift voucher for an online shop, more wine (quite a lot actually), a digital camera and one of those new digital photo frames.
Cousins A C A

Post by Cousins A C A »

lovely post Millie. I bet they will miss you :D

Robert
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now