football and cancelled lessons

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

marigold

Re: football and cancelled lessons

Post by marigold »

mad?

Where you in any way speaking disparagingly about Our Lady of Adorableness, Queen of all our Hearts and Mother of the Lords of the Chinless when you said no ?

I sincerely hope not.
mad?

Post by mad? »

marigold wrote:mad?

Where you in any way speaking disparagingly about Our Lady of Adorableness, Queen of all our Hearts and Mother of the Lords of the Chinless when you said no ?

I sincerely hope not.
sincerely yes, more than you can imagine :P
mad?
mad?

Post by mad? »

Snowdrops wrote:No, to what????
Sadly Snowdrops no to all three...sorry was watching the Japan match with a beer so couldn't reply earlier :P
mad?
moved

Post by moved »

I was unimpressed about the football match, but the drive home was blissful. Had we been in the final I would have understood.

Will anyone mind if none of my classes learn anything when the rugby is on?
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

moved wrote: Will anyone mind if none of my classes learn anything when the rugby is on?
i agree I'm afraid.I think it is excessive to stop school early and running contrary to all other forms of guidance coming out about missed lessons/unauthorised absences.
A school local to us sent out a letter more or less saying "as you will be tempted to truant, we will take the temptation away by closing early".I know I am going to sound like "outraged of Chelmsford" but that seemed like admitting defeat to me.The second half was after school finished so by all means arrange to watch it in school halls.Work didn't stop in most cases (not that I minded).Life doesn't and shouldn't stop for a sport.
It was the International Cheerleading championships last month, thousands travelled to Bournemouth.Should they all have been allowed the Friday off. No (even though I have leaping, backflipping, somersaulter in the house)I know it is almost sacrilege to say so but it is all out of proportion.
Where will it end?When is the indoor bowls world championship? I could do with some time off.... :wink:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

I'm a particular fan of beach volleyball.The current good weather means we are in for some fierce competitions , so I may need the rest of June and July off.......doea anybody mind ? :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

when aeons in top juniors we went out to play in the afternoon - got back into the classroom to find NO TEACHERS !!!!

15 mins went by and the kids were rioting (well just a bit :oops: ), the teachers excuse - ANNE JONES had won Wmbledon !!!

These days we would be in front of the TV now doubt - but in those days we were only lined up to watch...
Apollo 11 launch, QE2 launch and Sir Francis Chichester sailing in Plymouth harbour .... er
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Looking for help wrote:I'm a particular fan of beach volleyball.
The men's I take it... :wink:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

hermanmunster wrote: Sir Francis Chichester sailing in Plymouth harbour .... er
The launch of the wheel on "Dragon's den" - rejected for lack of firm patent no doubt?
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Chelmsford mum wrote:
Looking for help wrote:I'm a particular fan of beach volleyball.
The men's I take it... :wink:
Anybody's really, just the longer lasting the better. :lol:

Erm Herman, how old are you, if it's not too impolite to ask? :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now