So, What Do We Think of the New Look Board??

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Snowdrops

So, What Do We Think of the New Look Board??

Post by Snowdrops »

Wow, logged on this morning after a few days absence and find some changes - all different but still with the a cosy sense of familiarity.

Love the changes - are there going to be anymore? Not that I don't think there's been enough work going on in the background, it's very much appreciated, just a general enquiry!

Dare we press the report button - will a hand come out and slap us, who's brave enough to try!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Smiley's are a bit weird though :shock:
heartmum

Re: So, What Do We Think of the New Look Board??

Post by heartmum »

Ooooh :shock: now that's confused me!!! (doesn't take much :wink: ) but after a few sessions on here, I'll get used to it! :D
Heartmum x x x
Amber

Post by Amber »

Just mentioned on another part of the forum that it is generating some funny characters for me and I wonder if it has been made Mac-incompatible? It is OK on the whole but apostrophes and speech marks in other people's posts when quoted look funny. I am just trying a different font colour to see if it works. It still thinks I'm American though and doesn't like the way I have spelled that word.And I was really hoping we could type certain words without censure - sherry_d's post on reproductive education reads rather oddly with all the s word references changed to 'gender'
It's easier to read though, unless some smart a**e uses lots of different colors (sic) in one post. :mrgreen: :cry: :oops: :idea: :wink: Smileys look OK to me.

Enough. Goodbye
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Snowdrops wrote:Dare we press the report button - will a hand come out and slap us, who's brave enough to try!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excuse me for being dim, but where's the report button ? :oops:

Smileys fine for me :cry: :lol: :D :o :shock:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Smiley's are fine for me too - just a little odd shaped, think alien shaped heads 8)

The report button is in the bottom right of each post, denoted by a red exclamation mark.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Never noticed that :oops:

Note to self - pay more attention.

Smileys are quite alien looking :lol:

Like everything so far :lol:
Amber

Post by Amber »

Oh no oh no! I just went to send a pm to someone and noticed that I have '0 friends online' and I see that now I can choose some 'friends' and some 'foes'. Is this really what we want? What practical application would this have? We have been debating girls and bullying and 'you're not my friend' and now we have it on here. Aren't we all meant to be friends? Will there be counselling for the billy no-mates or for those who everyone chooses as a foe?

Will anyone be my friend? :(
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

I dont like the online and offline next to my username.

It will show easily those who are forum addicts :roll:

I am also finding the font to be a bit too big for my liking. I am sure they are still working through the changes.

Amber I have noticed the s word being changed to gender too so I use my tricks and just put a - instead. :lol: :idea: :mrgreen:

What does mr green mean, that I am an earth hugger or having an earth moment?
Impossible is Nothing.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

- no that you feel sick :lol: :lol: or jealous :shock: who knows!!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Actually, looking at the online/offline notice, mine says offline and that's because I am 'invisible', perhaps you may want to change your status if it bothers you?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now