School bags for Year 7

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
heartmum

Re: School bags for Year 7

Post by heartmum »

Still no bag for DD yet :shock: everything we look at is just 'not right'!!!!

I've kindly informed her :wink: that if she doesn't make her mind up soon I'll be sending her to her new school with a carrier bag - she's now worried I'm actually going to carry out that threat - so we are now going back to look at the bags previously looked at to make a decision :roll:

Let's hope this time I'm successfull :shock: :roll:
Heartmum x x x
Amber

Post by Amber »

Has she got a pencil case yet?

Very important to get the right one, you know.
marigold

Post by marigold »

I am planning the school shoe/trainer/football boot/pencil case/stationary/calculator/socks etc etc etc shop tomorrow, for TWO children.

I have a large bottle of gin in waiting and am thankful that this month's family allowance ( or whatever it is called ) arrived in my bank today so I can afford it all.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Just done the annual raid...... I'm really sure we got most of this last year but there you go it must have just been a senior moment. Stopped for tea and buns in cafe so pleasant afternoon.
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Amber wrote:Has she got a pencil case yet? Very important to get the right one, you know.
Don't I know it ... that was today's task - NONE were suitable, "too small, too girly, too boyish - yuk don't even suggest that one mum!" .... guess she'll be taking two carrier bags to school with her on the 3rd :wink: :roll:
Heartmum x x x
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I have found out, to the cost of my poor feet, that the pencil case is equally as important as the bag itself - to date we have found neither!
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

Never even thought about the pencil case!!
I just bought the cheapest one in Sainsburys. It's clear & 30cm long so fits a ruler in it. DS seems ok with it esp as we got the Animal backpack today & its 'cool' (so I did something right for once!)

Cant find any non marking trainers though - every single pair is 'for girls' even if flashed with blue & in the boys section :x
Amber

Post by Amber »

rosered100 wrote:Never even thought about the pencil case!!
I just bought the cheapest one in Sainsburys. It's clear & 30cm long so fits a ruler in it. DS seems ok with it esp as we got the Animal backpack today & its 'cool' (so I did something right for once!)
Don't go thinking you're going to get away with that!

(DD has just read this and confirmed that you might get to the end of week one before heading to Pencil Cases R Us).
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mad?

Post by mad? »

heartmum wrote:
Amber wrote:Has she got a pencil case yet? Very important to get the right one, you know.
Don't I know it ... that was today's task - NONE were suitable, "too small, too girly, too boyish - yuk don't even suggest that one mum!" .... guess she'll be taking two carrier bags to school with her on the 3rd :wink: :roll:

And now, with DD2, I have found out (well decided really) that she can go to Poundland and fend for herself and if she doesn't like it then tough! :D
mad?
mad?

Post by mad? »

marigold wrote:I am planning the school shoe/trainer/football boot/pencil case/stationary/calculator/socks etc etc etc shop tomorrow, for TWO children.

I have a large bottle of gin in waiting and am thankful that this month's family allowance ( or whatever it is called ) arrived in my bank today so I can afford it all.
Good luck and my thoughts are with you. My children have 'odd' feet. I can't tell you how much of my waking life is spent stressing about their shoes. What a waste, really! :evil:
mad?