School bags for Year 7

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
twinkles

Re: School bags for Year 7

Post by twinkles »

Soppy wrote:Been told by my new Year 7 DD that "Kipling" bags are the bags to have.
Anyone else facing the expensive Kipling dilemma ? At £40 - £80 each I think that is far too expensive........
Yes I know someone who bought Kipling rucksacks for her twin DDs £80 each!! :shock:
doodles

Post by doodles »

:o :o :o :o
Milla

Post by Milla »

I got an Animal backpack for one - surprisingly good value,icely made and with padded back and straps, plus with a folder thrown in which they had been trying to charge £25 for - was never going to happen. And a Superdry messenger bag for the other, depressingly expensive but sort of irresistible - a subtle one rather than brash. Secretly covet both.
solimum

Post by solimum »

DD chose a rather snazzy Superdry messenger bag for sixth form. However after an accident with a fizzy drink it needed a wash and she dug out another old overgrown shoulder bag with a zip which she has decided is actually better!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Ok the strap has now come off of bag number 2! Six weeks and two bags ...... sounds like it is going to get expensive.

Recommendations please and I really don't want to spend a huge amount of money as our track record is not looking good.
kentsussexborder

Post by kentsussexborder »

I picked up a Fila satchel type bag at Sports Direct (upstairs next to WHSmith in the Victoria Centre in TW) which seems robust and was only £10. It holds everything DS needs in the way of books for Skinners' as he takes a separate kit bag for PE/rugby. Apparently it is "cooler" than a rucksack (as if I would know/care).
doodles

Post by doodles »

'Fraid to say that's the one that the handle has just come off of :oops:

Going to spend this half term trying to educate him into what he actually needs to carry about with him. Do they really need this file for English etc etc etc.
andyb

Post by andyb »

DS has a laptop rucksack from PC World that is much more robust than the previous rucksack he had. I guess the manufacturers want to make sure that they aren't liable for replacement laptops if the bag splits/handle comes off and the LT is damaged.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now